Pet assist macro button help...

Discussion in 'Casters' started by N_I_N_J_A, May 20, 2013.

1. N_I_N_J_A New Member

Ok I have finally given up trying to figure it out on my own ... I have tried a bunch of different ways to write it
    /assist %t
    /pause 20, /pet attack
    /pause 50, /cast x
    /pause 50, /cast y

and all the itterations I put in just do not work. Help please, thanks in advace!
  2. Nenton Augur

The pauses at the beginning of the line execute after the command on that line. So if you were to put that /pause 20 on the first line, the macro would assist, pause 2 seconds, pet attack.

One thing you might try instead though is using the extended target window to assist as there's much less latency in targeting with that method. Set your first extended target line as the group assist's target (then make sure you set the Main Assist group role) and use "/x 1" instead of /assist to get the target. Getting the target that way is pretty close to instantaneous compared to using /assist.

Realize those /pause 50's are executed at the end of the line as well so it's casting x, pausing 5 seconds, casting y, pausing 5 seconds. Meaning you don't want a pause command in your final line.
  3. silku Augur

Take out %T.

/pause 20, /assist
    /pause 50, /pet attack
    /pause 50, /cast x
    /cast y

Assist will automatically assist your target, you don't need a %T in there to do that.
  4. Nenton Augur

That would pause for 5 seconds after telling the pet to attack. He likely doesn't need any pause there since you aren't messing with spell casting refreshes at that point. The pause with the assist is to allow for the lag in acquiring the target. Should either be using extended target for that part or "/assist character_name". Using just /assist means you need to get the macro character's target back on the assist player every time which would be pointless.

Should really be something like
    /pause 10, /x 1 (or /assist main_assist_char_name)
    /pet attack (maybe a /pause 10 in front if the pet attack and spell casting aren't happening seamlessly)
    /pause 50, /cast x
    /cast y

Really though, you're doing yourself a disservice not using Extended Target targeting when boxing. The latency variability on /assist is bad.
  5. N_I_N_J_A New Member

Thanks all for the help. Will give it a whirl tonight. Be Well all!
  6. bearforce1 Lorekeeper

I 3 box and all 3 have pets, so what I use for all 3 is:

/pause 10, /assist (main tank)
    /pause 10, /pet attack
    /pause 50, /cast (x)
    /pause 50, /cast (y)
    /cast (z)
  7. Falos Augur

My mages both use the same assist hotkey which is:

(i keep the first hotkey line blank cause it can get buggy for me)
    2nd line: /assist (name of the other mage)
    3rd line: /pause 1
    4th line: /pet attack
    5th line: /cast 7 (which in my case is the spell gem i have linked to malo)

I've dabbled with a few other pet assist hotkeys but ended up settling on this relatively simple one so that it can be pretty universally used, I don't like attacking nukes or damage abilities to it for when a mob is mezzed, etc. I also generally will use the regular version of malo in place of the malo that has a nuke attached to it because often times a mob will be mezzed and i dont want to ever risk breaking mez with a nuke.. so I malo it before breaking mez with a swarm pet.
    Samanagain likes this.