Overseer is server side and not character side... why?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, May 26, 2020.

1. Cicelee Augur

Was surprised yesterday when I changed servers to see that Overseer is tied to the server, not your character. While I did not spend any money on it and only used it for TBL collects (which did move ), I still did it once per day on the days I played and had accumulated probably 35k worth of the currency, and did my first uncommon conversion quest which gave me my highest agent yesterday.

And now all of that is gone. Well it is on the old server, not the one I am going to be on. So I wonder why is it not tied to character, but instead to server?
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

I don't know if Darkpaw even knows how it works. The recent server merge FAQ says the following:

What will happen to my Overseer on the server being transferred?
    • Active quests will be combined between the two servers. If a quest is active on both servers for an account, the one ending soonest will be kept.
    • Agents, experience, and stats will be combined between the two servers.
    • If an account has data on both servers involved, it will rotate offered quests the first time it logs in after the merge.

However, I can't even get a response regarding this, as it did not happen. I was reset to no experience in any category after the forced merger that I never wanted. As far as your question about tying it to a specific character, that would necessitate a lot of changes to items/currency as far as tradability/heirloom status, or people with multiple 85+ characters on one account/server would have an "advantage" in the system as far as rewards and currency (still tradable on FV, and Brekt before they assassinated our server) are concerned.
    Nennius likes this.
  3. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Overseer is server side and not character side... why?

So you don't hack it?
  4. Sarcogian Augur

what server is that new one? asking for a uh, friend. yeah.