Older Content Lockouts

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Faidaen, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Faidaen Lorekeeper

Hello all,

I've been away for a bit, and noticed that there's been changes to lockout timers for older content, like Gribbles for example. I understand at the current content how having lockouts on them are important to slow progression. However, once that content has passed a certain point, should the 2 hour lockouts be removed? I understand some will say "oh so people can level faster," but why not? I am currently going through and flagging characters for Temple B, and a 2 hour lockout seems silly for older content too me. I understand some people like to take their time going through content, which I am doing now; going through things I missed, but lockouts on these instances just allude me on the importance.

I would like to point, I'm not calling/requesting/shouting ect, especially for any changes made to raid zones. My question is purely directed towards older content outside of raid lockout timers. I am just puzzled why there's still such a requirement.

I also see the other side of this, where maybe specific markets can become flooded with collections ect, but the grind is already a lot coming back. I'm not seeking handouts here, I started in 99, and have played off and on ever since, I continue to comeback. I would just like a better understanding for older content purposes.

Thanks
    Thundersnake likes this.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

Just do another mission. There are plenty.

I'd suggest doing the plane of health ones whenever they're up since they need to be done 6 times each or something if memory serves.
    Faidaen likes this.
  3. Faidaen Lorekeeper

Thanks for the reply Bigstomp, not really the answer I was looking for. I've already done the missions x6, working on my other characters. Much appreciated though.
  4. Fredescu Augur

I don't think it's good for the game for the best exp/hour method for 75-105 to be "repeat this one quest over and over".
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I am totally in agreement with you.

To the OP - rotate your tasks by the time you have done a couple the "chosen" one you would like to repeat is off lockdown,

So TL;DR - VETO /thumbs down.
  6. Faidaen Lorekeeper

I get that, but having options for that method I feel on older content has value. The value of catching up too the people you want to play with also counts. Either way, once you reach a current amount of content, you'll end up "repeating the same quests over and over again" anyhow. I also look at the catch up method of auto grant AA's, this is also something that helped the returning players catch up. I'm basically trying to understand why the older content doesn't have this method for older lockouts. Makes more sense to do so.
  7. Faidaen Lorekeeper

I would like to point out, i'm not even doing this for exp, I'm flagging characters. I know others go through the same thing. Once again, everyone will end up repeating stuff over and over again. A main stream through older content will help, as did autogrant.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

For flagging purposes specifically the existing lockouts are fine in my view & there is no need to change them, a 2 hour lockout really isn't excessive.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

While this is old content on live servers this is current content on Phinny having only just unlocked CotF.

There are plenty of HAs to do for AA to catch up. Personally I prefer the bixie HAs to Gribbles.
  10. Faidaen Lorekeeper

I understand that, and i'm only discussing this/directing towards live servers. I've played on TLP's and I understand the direction, so of course TLP's shouldn't be touched.

Once again, i'm not discussing this for AA's or EXP, both of which on live I could really care less about, its mostly the lockouts on older content. Of course its nice to get aa/exp, but really not my point of this discussion.
  11. Faidaen Lorekeeper

I appreciate your opinion, I'm just on the side of getting people caught up, much how autogrant was put in, and I know there were complaints about that in the beginning, but now its welcomed pretty much all around.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

When I saw "older content" I thought you meant LDON or OOW :D I play on live and hang out in those areas often while leveling up my alts. Didn't really consider Gibbles older content like those.

I see no purpose in altering something that is not detrimental to the game. It has a purpose. The Dev's made it that way. Leave it alone. Soon you'll be done with "catching up" and can go on. I and many others don't even notice the lock outs.

And no, Auto Grant is still not "welcomed" all around, there are quite a few on the other side of the fence on that. We just keep quiet. Auto Grant was not put in the game to "catch up" but to drive subscriptions - from the original release in 2014 - "All EverQuest Gold members will be auto-granted all Alternate Abilities" so if you subscribed you got almost endless AA. They didn't care if free players got caught up or not.

And there are more and more players coming back who are not worried about getting caught up that fast. They are the old school who like to play and explore.

There are far more important issues in this game that need to be adjusted.
  13. Faidaen Lorekeeper

Thanks for the reply. I am just looking at older content that's basically on the same level as autogrant I suppose when it comes to the lockout timers. I understand there's always two sides to every coin, as there should be. I am not calling for an all hands on deck here, as I also know there are other more important things to be dealing with, I just wanted a view from players overall.

I get that the autogrant is a cash "grab" for some, I felt it was a nice thing to do, regardless of the cash, because well I play/pay for the game I love/enjoy, as many of us do. It was also a nice way to get some of my friends back into the game, because the main reason of them quitting with lack of time to play with catching up due to AA's. So, why it might not be welcomed too all, it was/is a nice added feature too some.

Also, we have a diverse population, so some might not be in a hurry, while others are. I am taking my time, I enjoy my alts as does most of the other people, and I'd like to not wait 2 hours for a lockout. That's just me, and i'm entitled too my opinion as much as anyone else.

Overall, we will just always will have to see how the game turns out, as its always "everchanging"