New Daybreak Game Cards Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Oct 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dexella Associate Producer

Beginning the week of October 12th, you will see the new Daybreak game cards at U.S. Best Buy, GameStop, and Toys R Us retailers.

The new cash cards will come in two denominations: $25 and $50. There are four card designs in all and every retailer will get multiple copies of each card design. Collect the whole set!

[IMG]

In November, the cards are scheduled to be available in Target locations across the U.S.

Daybreak Cash is the in-game currency that unlocks thousands of cool items, services, and adventures in your favorite Daybreak Games. We appreciate your patience while we roll out these new cards, and we hope you enjoy them!

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I used to buy cards to pay for All Access membership. Will these cards still work?
    If you previously used cash cards to purchase All Access membership, don’t fret! When you redeem these new cards at the $25 or $50 denomination, you will have the ability to either redeem for all Daybreak Cash or split the redemption between full months of All Access membership and receive the remainder in Daybreak Cash. . The new redemption page will be www.daybreakgames.com/gamecards.

Q: A store near me still has the old SOE game cards. Can I still buy those?
    The former SOE game cards you might still find on retailer shelves will no longer activate on and after October 7th, 2015. This means that you will not be able to purchase the cards from the retailer who must activate the card at the register.

Q: I have old SOE game cards that I previously purchased but haven’t redeemed. Can I still use these?
    If you have a SOE game card you purchased before October 7th, 2015 but have not yet redeemed it, those cards will still redeem and you will receive your DB Cash or Membership, depending upon the card.
    Starting October 7th, you will not be able to purchase the older SOE cards. Any cards you had purchased before that date will still redeem.

Q: I live outside the U.S. How can I get one of these cards?
    Currently, these cards will only be available in U.S. retailers. You can still purchase Daybreak Cash and membership through alternative methods. Visit www.daybreakgames.com/daybreakcash for more information!

Q: I bought a card that doesn’t feature the game I play/I can’t find a card with my game on it!
    Your Daybreak Cash wallet is accessible in all Daybreak Games titles available on PC. So, for example, if you buy a card with the H1Z1 design, you can still use the cash in PlanetSide 2.

Q: I play DCUO and/or PlanetSide 2 on the PlayStation® Network. Can I use these cards?
    These cards are redeemable for Daybreak Cash and/or All Access Membership, which are only available on the PC. These cards will not work on the PS3 or PS4.

Q: I have a question that isn’t answered here. Where do I go?
    For more information about Daybreak Cash, visit www.daybreakgames.com/daybreakcash. For information on All Access membership, visit www.daybreakgames.com/allaccess. For game-specific questions, visit your official game forums.
    Nandary Griefs likes this.
  2. lockjaws Augur

No Walmart cards with bonus? =(
    Horrone and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. Tronk Augur

I detest manipulative pricing to force me to pay more for basic access.

One less way to pay for EQ. Oh well, the game is becoming less and less relevant. By next year it should come down to 1 revamped zone with a raid or two in it per expansion.

How about a way to make access to EQ easier and LESS costly? The bright side is now those temporary visa gift cards are more useful, and we don't get forced to buy $10 in store points to get new virtual cats in virtual bags.

I just want to pay and play EQ. Why make that a bad deal?
    lockjaws likes this.
  4. Razorfall Augur

Good luck getting anyone to buy these until you get a $15 denomination. There is absolutely no incentive to get these.
    Your_Ad_Here, Xenthoxin and lockjaws like this.
  5. Brudal Augur

How much DB cash is the $50.00 card worth; 5000 or 5500?
    Horrone likes this.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I can understand why they didn't make $15 ones, as the profit margin on them was likely too low.

However, I don't see a reason why $30, $45, and/or $60 ones were not made an option. That is based on the idea that a month of All Access is $15, which I might be wrong about.

Instead of the $25 one, they should have made it $30. Instead of the $50, it should be $60. That is, I'm assuming they wanted to have only two denominations to keep costs reasonable.
  7. Iila Augur

So anyone wanting to use these to purchase a subscription has to pay a $10 surcharge on one month or a $5 surcharge on 3 months?

Unless there's a sudden change to allow DBC to be spent on all-access, that is a really scummy move.
  8. Dexella Associate Producer

If you redeem them for All Access membership, you receive the balance in Daybreak Cash. So, for example, the $25 card can be redeems for either 2500 DBC or one month of All Access + 1000 DBC.
    Nandary Griefs likes this.
  9. Iila Augur

So in order to get a $15 all access subscription via game cards, they have to pay $25, with $10 going to something that is not the subscription. No confusion there.
    Xenthoxin, lockjaws and Sheex like this.
  10. Derd Augur

And as usual everyone forgets... Dbg had to pay someone to make the cards, distribute the cards, sell the cards and wait for them to be sold and the money sent back to them for the transaction. IF they sold them for the exact cost of a month's subscription they would be losing money on each and every transaction. Really some of you must not have ever ran your own business and watched how everyone takes there little piece of your profit until your lucky to be making any money at all by the time it gets back to you.

You don't like it, use a normal credit card like most everyone in the world. Even smarter use that card and pay for a year's subscription. Even if you pay the card off over 12 months the money you saved on the sub is still way more than the interest you'd pay. Anyone that pays full price every month is throwing money away.
  11. Dexella Associate Producer

The $50 card will grant either 5000 DBC or All Access Membership time (one, two, or three months), with the remainder be granted in DBC.
  12. Geroblue Augur

I much prefer the $15 cards and get 2000 SC if I buy from Wal-Mart. No bonus, not much incentive for me to purchase.
  13. TibalMurphy Elder

Agreed I was very much looking forward to new cards at Wal mart i used them very often I bought them at least once a week.

Now they are a minimum of $20 with no bonus?

But wait it pays for one month and the rest to DBC...don't care I pay my sub YEARLY. Or are you doing away with that too? Cause that alone will be the death of EQ...
    Was excited, but meh, not any more.

And for you that will sat "oh its only $5 more for 2000DBC yah I was able to get 2000 with 15 bucks before. I'll just stick with my free 500 a month.
    Xenthoxin likes this.
  14. Iila Augur

Have you ever been to a store? Have you seen the huge displays of giftcards for everything from Amazon, to iTunes, to PSN, to every crappy theme restaurant?
    Just in case you live someplace without those, or a cave. Something similar to this is in every major retailer in the country:
    [IMG]

You know how much of a premium physical goods deals place on these gift cards with all the layers of skimming? 0% You know how much of a premium digital goods dealers place on these with all the layers of skimming? 0%

DBG is a digital goods dealer. Every one of their services scales at an extremely effective rate. An all access membership doesn't cost them $7 in good or services per a subscriber. Their costs are flat until tier barriers are crossed. Each additional subscriber actually lowers the costs portion of the classic costs:profits sales model.

People who use these cards are either people who for whatever reason can't use a credit card online, and have to spend cash irl for sub. Or are players looking to resale the cards for in-game currency. The first group gets completely exploited by the new pricing on these cards. The second group just charges more plat for the larger amounts of SC they're selling.
    Jhenna_BB, Sheex and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  15. Razorfall Augur

Just so I'm clear: I'm very glad they are coming back, i just feel that they should be in gametime increments (even if it's $30 increments like some other games).
  16. Derd Augur

You can't be exploited when nobody is making you use them. As you so clearly pointed out you can go and buy a prepaid credit card and put exactly 15 dollars on it if you want and use that instead. Now if Dbg just had the revenue stream a company like visa has....
  17. Makavien Augur

That is not actually true you have to put minimum of 20 bucks on a prepaid credit card and all but the first time and even most of the time then it costs 3 bucks to do that . Oh and most if not all of them if you leave the left over on the card each month they charge you 3 more bucks for a monthly account fee. Been using prepaid credit cards about since they came out.
  18. FixShamanPlease Elder

Next step is to raise Kronos and sub to $25. :D
  19. Kegwell Lurker since '99

Expect an increase in all access price to $25.00.
  20. Yesak New Member

Need some clarification on this. A $50 Gift Card for 3 months wouldn't be too bad. Paying $5 extra dollars for the convenience of not using a personal credit card or dealing with the krono market. However, an earlier post said $25 would only get you one month, plus some DBG cash. I think I speak for many in the community when I say that I couldn't care less about DBG cash. You cannot buy expansions or membership with it, which are the only two things I really care about.
    lockjaws likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.