Mushroom Men (Fungus Man?).. Playable. Race.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kii-sama, Oct 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kii-sama New Member

Hello all you wonderful people on the forums, first post and relatively new subscriber here.

Now, my suggestion. Chances are it's going to be highly laughed at but bare with me.. What if they added the Mushroom Men as a playable race. Imagine the beautiful possibilities as you wander through the worlds of Norrath as a fancy mushroom boy or girl.

It's a humanoid race, which I'm guessing they'd like to stick to as every race is atleast a bidpedal humanoid looking figure. But they still are unique enough to fit into the 'monster' category of races. Customization options could be quite interesting, perhaps different factions of them (Could be shown by heritage, class, or deity) for various colours. Duller mushroom, vibrant mushrooms, perhaps an evil poison mushroom group.

Their starting areas could be quite interesting, towering mushrooms, buildings built into their fungus-cities. It would likely be very alien, adding another varied zone to the game.

You know it would be amazing to have playable mushrooms.
  2. Hekaton Augur

There's already a nonplayable mushroom race called the sporali. Mostly hanging out in the depths of dark hollow expansion. You can get an illusion of this class if you can get a group together to do a frostcrypt raid
  3. fransisco Augur

I think being a mushroom necro boy or girl could be fun
  4. Kii-sama New Member

Illusion might be cool, but, at the same time, is it enough? What about customization?

Though this does give me a goal in mind once I reach the appropriate level.

Wouldn't it? Spreading disease through your poisoned spores..
  5. Funk Augur

There are some giant mushrooms on Luclin, I think in Grimling Forest maybe? Would be a perfect place to add a new starting city for Shrooms.
  6. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

They could live in a place...that looks...like...this??!!?

[IMG]
  7. Aurastrider Augur

I have always liked the idea of a dragonoid race like they wyvern or a minotaur race. If they add another race I hope its something that looks like it would eat you for dinner instead of something that looks like it would be consumed on a salad.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Lianeb Augur

I would hope that made a mushroom language also and forced you to use it and not learned able by others
  9. fransisco Augur

a monstrous race of any kind could be cool
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Gelatinous Cube Player race.

Nuf Said. (Well, except... There are no plans for this to happen... just my favorite idea for a new player race)
    Annastasya, FubarEQ, Szilent and 4 others like this.
  11. kizant Augur

A gelatinous cube? Hmm well it's still not as hideous as the vah shir. Mushroom people should pretty cool to me though.
  12. Kii-sama New Member

I agree, the monstrous races are by far my favourites. When I saw the (classic skinned) trolls for the first time, I was totally in love. Massive creatures, truly disgusting, feel wonderful to play. This is coming from someone who, in 99% of games, is a total dark elf fangirl. Something about trolls is just too awesome.

That'd be hilarious.

Indeed!

This is sad. Though I think you're onto something with your idea about the gelatinous cube playable race. Should get working on that *winkwink*. Thanks for the post <3
  13. Gialana Augur

If there were still racial penalties, the Mushroom people could randomly become rooted until they dig themselves up.
  14. Aurastrider Augur

You could actually be boxing and only play one toon if this happened. I can only think of all the confusion that would come of this. "I am a boxer and my main is a box but I only play one character not like those false boxers who play multiple characters with shapes other than a box". If you play more than one Gelatinous cube would that make you a multi multi boxer or could we term the phrase cuber, pyramid builder, brick builder, or the ever famous six cube boxer who is rollin the dice? In all seriousness I love hearing your guys response on here even if it is just fun things and not the serious wtf did you do to my xyz stuff.
  15. Scorrpio Augur

I want Akhevan. With quad-wield as racial special.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

An illusion would be nice. I don't think Daybreak is going to ever add another player race since it involves too much work.
  17. Thrillho Augur

That would severely restrict the amount of people who can play the race. What if you're not a... fungi?

...I'll see myself out; there's not muchroom in here for puns.
    Waitwhat likes this.
  18. Aurastrider Augur

How about a kraken or octopus race if we are going with this theme. As a side note you must carry gallons of water with you if you are on land otherwise you receive a nasty dot that dries out your flesh and it starts to rot away. You wont die but the smell will be to much for other players to handle once your health reaches a certain point. This will suspend your merc as they run away from nausea and make you ungroupable. After you have been stricken with the stench so many times your chat privileges will be suspended as nobody will want to even be associated with such a foul smelling beast. But on the bright side you will be able to kill like a freak if you could just stay wet.
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Only if I could play one with helmets visible.... :)
  20. Tevik Augur

Shadowed Man. Make mine a rogue.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.