Mana cost sleath nerf or break?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ruven_BB, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Ruven_BB Augur

Going through mana like crazy using same spell set prior to expansion, in same camp spot for lesson burn, cleric would be at 90ish mana, is now at 50. Other casters empty spell bars.

This intended or broke?
    Pirlo, Volgare and Slyfox_xev like this.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I agree. Felt the same thing. Just tested a spell with 4926 base mana cost, with a range of actual mana usage of (3104-4138).

First cast, used 4149 mana.

Most of the casts after that were near 4000 mana (only one was less than 3500).

So feels like something somewhere is broken. This is on a paladin btw, so no specialization. Just spell casting mastery 4 and 22% mana pres. Its not huge, but enough over 30 minutes of casting it starts adding up.
    Volgare likes this.
  3. Fnyanea Augur

I have noticed this too. Seem to be burning mana a lot faster than before.
    Volgare likes this.
  4. Cadira Augur

+1 to clerics actually using mana for once!

Jokes aside, wizard is burning through it quicker than normal too.
  5. shiftie Augur

Luck stat? Is it causing consequences on the roll for mana pres?
  6. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

So is my necro.
    Volgare likes this.
  7. Volgare Journeyman

posted about this in the bug thread day expac went live, it was painfully obvious mana usage was far exceeding what it was prior to launch.
  8. Yimin Augur

Pet seems weaker on my Bst also and I have every pet AA including TBL pet AA

YiMin
  9. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

Seems like they are trying their best to kill solo players.
    Mintalie likes this.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Here players, you can have a new stat - however you need to max it so you can be what you were!
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, what are you implying, Jhenna?

If I have SCM AA's, I save, what, 15% of mana on every cast? And if I have a mana preservation focus item, that still saves whatever it's rated at. So, how is Luck changing that?

I'm not saying that mana usage isn't off since the expac. It may be. But why the automatic assumption that the Luck stat has to do with it?
  12. Zamiam Augur

because its the Dev's were talking about here .. they screw things up all the time or they purposely tweek things nerfy like without telling anyone
  13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I think it’s fairly obvious what I’m implying. Ask your tanks how much they dodge, parry, or riposte at this time. Mobs are not missing. Mana issues cropping up is just another circumstance of needing the luck stat to get back your power you had.
    Alekzandre, Pirlo, Yimin and 2 others like this.
  14. Sancus Augur

I feel like this would be less ridiculous if luck had anything to do with reducing mana cost (which it does not).

Mana cost usage is determined by base mana cost, specialization, and mana pres (worn and AA mostly). If spells are costing more than the range indicated in the spell window, one of those is broken. I'll check it out when I get home tonight.
    Daedly likes this.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Jhenna, that's what I was saying, you missed my point. Unless the presence of Luck nullified SCM AAs and mana pres focus, I don't see how it would affect this.

Again, not saying mana use isn't broken, just don't see how Luck would be affecting it.
  16. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I understood where you were going. This is the game that fixing a Wizard spell broke an Enchanter spell once. When a sweeping change to the game happens like this, things break.

@sancus Doesn’t seem so redidiculous now, huh?
    Yimin and Pirlo like this.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

True enough, Jhenna.

I guess we'll see: 1 - is mana use broken? I haven't done enough to notice for sure, and 2 - if it is broken, what they tell us, if anything, when they fix it (if they fix it, LOL!)
  18. Ruven_BB Augur

Be nice to know if its intended or broke, I am hoping broke since rangers blow through mana faster than any class and have limited recovery options.

Ruven
    Yimin likes this.
  19. Fintank Augur

I was having no issues or anything out of the norm on this weekend's raids on my ranger. Perhaps some of you are doing things with mana drains you aren't aware of?
  20. kizant Augur

it seemed completely normal to me. I think some people are crazy.