Linking an old acct keycode to my new account

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Riecheck, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Riecheck New Member

Hello!

I have an old product "Everquest Gold Edition" which includes the first four expansions up to Planes of Power. I have the CD multi-fold case with the account keycode and 'SONYON' number on a white sticker on the front.

My goal is to provide proof of purchase from 2002 to update my new account with the original purchase date and ultimately claim the in-game rewards associated. Let me know if anyone knows what I can do to proceed or what other information I need to provide.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think you are over complicating this. Also what claim items are you talking about? The value of that item was the 4 maps, leather bound journal that were numbered but those are not claim items.

I have old game cards purchased years and years ago.

They still work fine. I sign into account management and just enter the key code where it says to and bam! I can choose between $25 DBC or a month of the subscription with $10 DBC.

Now years ago when they discontinued making and selling these cards they did say any we already had would still be good indefinitely. I would image your keycodes would still be valid also.

Here is what I would do.
    Sign into your account in game and do a /claim and see what is there.
    Sign out of the game.
    Sign into account management for the account you want it to go on.
    Select "Enter activation code" where it says "Enter retail game card and promotional codes here:" And enter the code.
    Sign out.
    Sign into the game and check /claim.

You need to do all the signing in and out because most of the errors players get when trying to claim or redeem codes or payment issues etc are because they are still signed into the game.

I doubt there is any way customer service/tech or devs can add those items to your account so it won't matter if it works or not.

And there is for sure no way they can adjust the date to reflect that copy. Your account creation date determines many things in the game and is not adjustable.

If you file a petition that is what they are going to tell you..that you should enter the code.

There is a reason that "enter promotional code" option is still there. Even though there have not been any new promotional codes for years.

Good luck and let us know how it goes, in case you want to sell it on ebay if you have the gold box and maps that is. ;)
    code-zero likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I tend to ramble a bit but bottom line what I am saying is just enter the code in your account at the main site. Then check your claim in game and see if the rewards show up.
  4. Riecheck New Member

Thanks for the response! I tried what you said yesterday but I was also logged in. So this morning I haven't started the game and went to the "Enter Activation Code" again and tried it. Gives an error of "We're sorry but it appears the Activation Code you entered is not valid for the game selected".
    I spoked to a couple people in game yesterday who were hopeful that a tech/dev could update my account for me.

Side note: I have the golden case it comes in, three of the maps (there might be a fourth?), four of the five CDs (missing the first CD but have all the expansion ones), I have the pewter warrior too but his sword broke in half (still have the broken piece), and the big lore book + the hard cover it slides in and out of. Think I'm missing the small player's hand book though.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

What is the activation code supposed to give you? What update do you mean?

I ask this because I see no in game claim items for that release.

The activation code would only give yo u those 4 expansions which we already have.
  6. Kedra Leafwalker Lorekeeper

I know the game cd's you are refering to. My question would be where they already used on another account. as I am thinking that with the age of them they where and at that point not be usable again on a 2nd account yeard later. you would have to recover the old account if possibl.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. smash Augur

I doubt you got some old keycode that has not been used, and you cannot use it on more than 1 account
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ok proof of purchase will not transfer that to a new account if it was claimed on another account before that. So if you played EQ with that gold edition it is locked to that account and non transferable to a new account.