launchpad not working

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sanh, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Sanh Elder

Anybody have an issue with the launchpad not working since the patch?
  2. venanaa New Member

my Launchpad doesent work either(
  3. Sanh Elder

yeah i get the grey checking for files screen...doesn't work
  4. Annastasya Augur

same here.
  5. Motasa New Member

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue? Same thing is happening to me, and I am unable to get to server select.

Patcher says: Unable to write to Exception: Cannot open file - C:/Program Files/EQ/EQ/EQGraphicsDX9.dll (13) - http://eq.patch.station.sony.com/pat...e56f5b8bb59b7b. The file may be in use or you may lack the necessary permissions to install

I just reinstalled my OS (windows 7) last week, and was able to get into game until this patch.
  6. Annastasya Augur

i resolved this with the help of some guildies on Vent yesterday. Lots of things tried, but it appears as though yesterday's patch had some essential-to-connection (for both launchpad and eq.exe) files that were corrupted or flagged as viral threats. My virus protection quarantined these files despite always hitting the "always allow" feature for downloads from the patcher or any EQ related sources.

i was having the same issues, that i could not reinstall to the same core directories and i could not bypass the normal launchpad process by running the everquest.exe manually. Eventually a combination of deleting all the launchpad files, removing all threats out of virus quarantine (just setting it to delete them) Starting a brand new Everquest install in a different location/stopping it/copying over all non launcher files/deleting all erroneous launchpad shortcuts both in the EQ folder and install-created on the dekstop, then restarting the patcher to get about 50k worth of brand new launchpad files in the new location, then restarting the process , got the game going again.

A number of files in the patch yesterday had an unresistable Corruption Debuff. Tried all the usual on it- Radiant Cure, Purified Spirits, Cleansed Blood Rk. III, Epic Shield, Word, Purify Soul, nothing seemed to cure it. Come to find out it was erroneously coded as a physical debuff and some paladin came along and splashed it away. Typical.
  7. Motasa New Member

Thank you for the response...My anti-virus doesn't seem to be indicating any problem with EQ, but I will look deeper into it. I'll mess around with the launcher and see what I can break.
  8. Sanh Elder

Motasa I tried a bunch of things and none seemed to work. I ended up having to do a complete reinstall of eq to a different directory. Gotta love logging on after a patch and facing an hours long download/install instead of being able to play the game.
  9. LosferWords New Member

Anything from EQ people yet on this. I have submitted a ticket but other than an automated reply no answers yet. Do I need to reinstall? Moderators????
  10. Motasa New Member

I gave in and reinstalled eq. Make sure you save your ini files, maps, and other settings that you want to keep. =(