Last Chance for Frostfell Marketplace - AND 50% OFF!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

Don't miss your last chance to pick up Frostfell items from the Marketplace... before they go back into the Norrathian Vault. Frostfell themed items will disappear from the Marketplace at 11:59PM PST* on Sunday, January 31, 2016.

To sweeten the deal, we've listed almost all of these items for 50% OFF their normal Marketplace price!

[IMG]

Don't miss your chance to get these holiday themed items, at an exceptional value!

REMINDER: While they're not 50% off, the "Dog in a Crate" item will also back into the vault when the rest of the Frostfell items disappear from the Marketplace. Don't miss your chance to adopt a cute puppy to join you for your adventures across Norrath!

[IMG]

*Convert to your local time
    Rorce likes this.
  2. Koryu Professional Roadkill

You're showing off the Frigid armor ornamentation set, a quest reward for completing Braxi Roundup which has already been removed from the game for a couple weeks. It's the Festive armor ornamentation (red/green/gold) which is temporarily available for purchase from the Marketplace.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

While the 50% discount is great, the timing of it penalizes players who purchased the items much earlier. I bought an armor set with my monthly grant and not out that much. However, thank goodness I am not interested in the 'Dog in a Crate'. I've seen players who bought and collected those. I feel for them. I think discounts should lead the sales to reward loyalty.
  4. Silv Augur

Could we just go ahead and get the Erollisi Day (V-day) items in the marketplace?

I'd like to finish decorating my guild hall so that it matters for a bit more than 2 weeks since I have to spend SC on it :confused:
  5. zikzak New Member

is market place Down cause havent been abel to open it since yesteday
  6. Lanogas Journeyman

And how is anyone supposed to make any of those purchases when the Marketplace is "currently unavailable" non-stop? Been unavailable on Antonius Bayle since last patch.
  7. SelahEQ New Member

@Benito, the discount does not apply to the Crate of Dogs, according to Roshen's initial post.

Ultimately, I don't think holding end-of-season sales penalize those who bought the items and enjoyed their use for the entire season.
  8. Roshen Brand Manager

I've updated the image in this post :)
  9. Eanelder Augur

I have to say it leaves a little bitter taste in my mouth. Its one thing when a physical store does it, but that because it's a "real" product that if not sold has to be stored or disposed of, usually at a loss. This is virtual world, there is no cost associated with these items other then the initial time investment to create them and then continuously post them. Its unlimited inventory.

The way they have it now, I load up on sale for next year (while honestly doubting if EQ will still around), or I learn my lesson and don't buy seasonal items until the last few days of availability in hopes of a sale. Sad things is I would have liked to have bought more seasonal items, BEFORE Frostfell, now i have no interest.

I'm not marketer but I believe they should have done a short run sale (1-2 days) at the start of the season, so folks could load up for the season. And then run a sale like this one again at the end of season just to squeeze that last drop of blood from the stone.
  10. Eanelder Augur

Can we PLEASE make an adjustment to what classifies as a Frostfell item?

Decorated Frostfell trees, frostfell lights, frostfell presents, frostfell wreaths, frostfell robes, Santa Claug, etc. are clearly Frostfell items.

Items with snow or frost should not be considered Frostfell items, and should NOT only available during frostfell. IMO cold does not equal Frostfell. Personally I would like to see these items available through out the year.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Enjoying Items for a few weeks shouldn't incur a 50% price differential. Many items, including armor ornaments, don't lose their appeal out of season (unless some Holiday-only restriction were added). As Eaneldee has stated, a distinction should be made with virtual items and real world Holiday/overstock inventory. I applaud the discount but the timing hurts people who are supporters and early adopters. A opening sale (like Black Friday) would reward loyal customers who play everyday.

I was wrong about the dogs. The ornaments however are just as popular.

Edit: Planetside 2's Second Anniversary bundle was sold for 3000 SC. About a week before the end of its sale, two simultaneous promotions brought the price down to 1000 SC. It was a huge mistake that upset a lot of players.
  12. Derd Augur

They had a black Friday sale on membership. Every sale no matter real or virtual is done to produce revenue. I can buy a new car or wait till the next year's model is out and save thousands. Early purchase gives you the item now, they dbg or ford haven't done anything to harm you.
  13. Eanelder Augur

True, but when dealing with physical purchases that go on sale I can generally ask the store to honor the sale price and provide a refund the difference on an item i previously purchased. This can apply to items bought within the last 14 to 90+ days.

On end of season or seasonal merchandise, I can understand why a physical retailer might not refund differences on sale items, but again that is for virtual goods.

DBG is free to continue the method of offering sales at the end of a season, it is just my opinion that its a missed opportunity with the possibility of upsetting their customers.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

New car sales is pattern. You pay on a curve. That analogy is apt and fair when applied to when Daybreak does their annual half off on the previous expansion. You can buy TDS for $20 or wait for TBM for $35. There is no pattern or precedent for this particular sale. I'm not sure that having Armor ornaments a few weeks earlier than everyone else justifies paying double of what others will pay.

Lesson learned. Don't get anything from the Marketplace until the very last day of a sale.
  15. Atvar Augur

Try to purchase cloth hero's forge set, get inventory slots full message. Move every single bag to bank and have all 10 inventory slots, still get inventory full message.

Filed a petition. Odds that I get this before it disappears for good?
  16. Atvar Augur

Ok apparently it's talking about task reward window and not the actual inventory window. Managed to purchase on an alt.
  17. Crystilla Augur

Darn, thought 2/5 was the cutoff (my fault for misreading). However, there are still frostfell items for sale (just not on sale) in the marketplace right now - but no dogs in a crate anymore.
  18. Eanelder Augur

According to a post in the player studio forum:

So the frostfell items you see were accidently left off the intial release of those items. Im curious to know if those items will remain in the marketplace all year round, my suspicion is that they will. Which I don't mind, but like I said above, I wish the wouldn't limit items unless they are event specific (ie Frostfell, hallow's eve, emarr day etc).