Introducing DaybreakGames.com!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

Hey everyone,

We're so excited to finally reveal our new company logo. If you haven't seen it yet, here it is!

[IMG]

Today we also launched our new company website, www.daybreakgames.com! Take a tour through the new site and let us know what you think.

A few other things you may notice -- Station Cash is now called Daybreak Cash. Your Station Account is now your Daybreak Account. And if typing "Daybreak" is ever too cumbersome, we'll be using DGC.

This week we've got a lot of fun celebration activities planned to go along with the unveiling. You can read details in this article and follow along on social for more fun!

Thank you for being part of this journey with us, fellow #Daybreakers. We're looking forward to what our future holds!
    Lasherž, Nniki and Ankarv like this.
  2. Saroc_Luclin Augur

Nice logo; but I can't wait for H1Z1 to get off the major push cycle. Seeing half of a zombie head as the first thing when I go to the site isn't appealing to me at all. :(
  3. Landyfix New Member

Did you warn us about the change? I am suddenly asked for a daybreak password! Why should I trust a new site without a lot of advanced communication?
    Why not use both names for a while until we all get used to it? I paid for SoE not Daybreak.
  4. svann Augur

Thanks for not making us change our forum id.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Fenudir Augur

I see the Eye of Sauron myself. Not exactly a feel good logo to be sure.
  6. Saroc_Luclin Augur

Well the main site login was still using the SOE authentication address. When I went to look at my Station Daybreak Cash, it gave me a prompt to a Daybreak Authentication address; the old SOE ID and Password worked fine for it.

*Edit* And now I see it is using a Daybreak Address on the main login. I must've had something cached or just had some wonky timing the first time. :)
  7. Iila Augur

The name change happened at the beginning of February. How much additional warning did you want?
  8. Hayzeus Augur

A few questions:

1) Are the Daybreak Authenticators available to purchase yet? I tried to buy one a month ago, and I was told by CS that they were not available for purchase. If they are still not available to purchase, do you have any ETA as to when these security devices will be back on the market?

2) All-Access. Before all the changes in the company (from soe to dbg), the All-Access subscription used to market availability for future titles. For example, All-Access marketing used to say that H1Z1 and EQNext would be included in All-Access *when* those titles became available. I know they are still not available, BUT I am curious if those titles will be included in the All-Access subscription price when that time comes. I ask because the new All-Access marketing no longer mentions these titles as being included *when* they are officially released in the future.

3) Subscription rates. Is there any intention to offer a special limited time offer of 2-year subscriptions for $199 usd? I have a couple of accounts that I'd sign up long term if this deal ever became available again.
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Thanks for the post.
    Well, you've been using DBG until now. So you are now changing from DBG to DGC?

[grumbles at having to change every reference on his wiki from DBG to DGC :eek: ]
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Melanippe like this.
  10. Hayzeus Augur

I will continue using DBG. It makes more sense to me. Even they refer to themselves as Daybreak Games instead of Daybreak Game Company... That may be their full legal name, but Daybreak Games is the familiar nickname we all know and love(?).

They can use DGC if they want, but ultimately they'll be stuck with whatever the majority uses.

DBG just... sounds better to me. It also anecdotally seems easier to type... coincidence? I think not.
  11. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Why is Daybreak shortened to DGC? Not seeing where the G or C come from here.
  12. Hayzeus Augur

Daybreak
    Game
    Company

shortened to Daybreak Games becomes DBG, which is what we all should continue using :)
  13. Saroc_Luclin Augur

DBG to me as a programmer says "DeBuG" which may or may not be something they want to reflect. Doing some quick research, neither DBC nor DBG seem associated with much at all, either in gaming or in computing, so either TLA is fairly safe.
  14. TelinDarkforest Journeyman

Interesting logo. Reminds me of a cardinal mascot or angry birds.
  15. Fendy Augur

Any chance you (DBG) could share the concept/lore behind the logo?
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

So the new logo is...the banner of Euron Greyjoy, just missing the crown(s)? C'mon nerds, have at it.
  17. Axxius Augur

Or pokemon! :D
    [IMG]
  18. Geroblue Augur

Nice logo !
  19. Reht The Dude abides...

Hahahaha, love it.
  20. Saroc_Luclin Augur

That's fantastic! :)