I'm Your New Community Manager!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Jul 29, 2019.

1. dreamweaver Community Manager

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to take a quick moment to say hi and introduce myself. My name is dreamweaver, (which has more to do with my love of Neil Gaiman’s Sandman more than anything else) and I am your new Community Manager! I’m excited to get to know and learn from each of you and can’t wait to walk with you through all the cool things coming from all of us here at Daybreak.
    I’m incredibly honored to be here and if you see me around the forums feel free to say hi.

I'm going to be leaving this thread open if you'd like to ask me things (Mint Chocolate Chip is my favorite ice cream, you know just in case.)

Further up and further in!

-dw
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Welcome aboard! :)
    PCSS, code-zero and dreamweaver like this.
  3. Ltldogg Augur

Welcome dreamweaver.
    • What path did you take to becoming the Community Manager?
    • What is your MMO experience/background?
    • What is your favorite MMO?
    • What is your favorite race and class?
    • What upcoming MMO are you looking forward to in the future?
    Cheers!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I'm going to say welcome, and conflate your appearance with my like button and signature privlages being restored. So thank you very much!
    PCSS and dreamweaver like this.
  5. Mintalie Augur

Pleasure to have you here!
    PCSS and dreamweaver like this.
  6. dreamweaver Community Manager

• A long and winding one ;) (PR, Communications, Social Media Management, Volunteer CM for defunct card games and TTRPG Forums and groups/at least one Listserv)
    • Let's take a journey together on this one - Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot, Meridian 59, EQ (from launch to about late '03/early '04), WoW, Rift, WildStar, Runescape, Warhammer AoR, DDO, LotRO, Neverwinter, Star Wars Galaxies (Pre-NGE), SWOTR, some dabbling in EVE Online, Champions Online, City of Heroes, Black Desert, Final Fantasy XIV, and Guild Wars 1&2.. You know when I type that all out.. I'm not going to count up all those hours.
    • Favorite? oh man, I played WoW the longest, but my heart will probably always belong to either UO or DAoC.
    • Dwarves and rogues (thief/assassin/swashbuckler etc.), if I can't play that specifically, I will get as close as I can.
    • Hmmmmm upcoming MMO... That's actually tough to answer, I'm going to take a rain check and get back to you on that one.
    Skuz, PCSS, Gyurika Godofwar and 4 others like this.
  7. dreamweaver Community Manager

Who knows, it could have been. ;)
    PCSS likes this.
  8. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Hi and welcome!

How long have you been playing EQ? Already answered - thanks!
    What is your favorite class? Already answered - thanks!
    What is your favorite raid?

What is your role as a community manager?
  9. Ltldogg Augur

Thanks for the answers. Your MMO history is almost identical to mine. I also use to be in the industry and worked at Turbine when DDO launched and left right before LOTRO launched.

Did you ever dabble in The Matrix Online, Asheron's Call, Shadowbane, AO, EQ2 and other titles? Up until about 5-7 years ago I tried pretty much every MMO that came out.
    Gyurika Godofwar and dreamweaver like this.
  10. Warpeace Augur

You know if you just suspend them now for 24 hours they will feel better:D
    dreamweaver likes this.
  11. dreamweaver Community Manager

Favorite Raid, wow it's been a while since I've been asked that. Probably original Naxxramas in WoW from a nostalgia standpoint, and probably Hammerknell in Rift from a *I fought this mob for so long and we finally triumphed standpoint™.

My role as a community manager? Good question, why don't we sit by the fire a while and talk it out. (It's not that I don't want to answer or don't have one but my philosophy on that is constantly shifting. In the end I think it boils down to wanting to do my best for everyone, players and devs. Figuring out how to balance that is always going be my job.)

-dw
    PCSS, Sancus and Mintalie like this.
  12. dreamweaver Community Manager

EQ2 I never got a chance until recently, Asheron's Call, AO, Lineage I/II, and Conan I tried at different friend's houses over the course of my teenage years. Never got a chance to try Matrix or Shadowbane. I put a little bit of time into Mabinogi and Ragnarok Online.
    Ltldogg likes this.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

Welcome. Yours is not he easiest job (How's that for something obvious?) but it can go a long way towards influencing the community here. I really respect your apparent honesty. You didn't hew a corporate line and say that EQ has always been your favorite or some similar sort of drivel. I like that.

BTW, how do you feel about cartoons being posted here to try and make a point, or lighten a mood?
    Petalonyx likes this.
  14. Numiko Augur

Welcome Dreamweaver!

You missed out not playing Tera and Secret World! Tera has to be one of the prettiest MMO's around, though some do not like it as it is done in an anime style.... and Secret World is a very different experience from a MMO, with lots of puzzle solving and a more horror based setting... both are excellent games and fun to play.
  15. dreamweaver Community Manager

I know!, I heard so much about both of those games and never really got a chance to get into them. They are definitely on my past regrets list, along with an unfortunate run in with pistachio ice cream.
  16. Travestii Elder

Welcome to the pistachio-riddled nuthouse o_O
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

Do you think druid healing is balanced in early eq?
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Okay I guess it is up to me ask the difficult question. It's okay someone has to do it and I guess that is me. So..... Do you consider chicken a valid topping for pizza?

And do you think pizzas will ever come to Everquest as an in game food item. I fondly remember making pizzas in Ultima Online.
    DirtyGurtie likes this.
  19. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

Welcome to the crazy house, sir or madam! =)
  20. dreamweaver Community Manager

I have had some amazing buffalo chicken and bbq chicken pizzas, so I'd have to say my answer is yes.

I loved making pizzas in UO, as to whether or not they'll make it to EQ? Well, chefs are always coming up with new recipes I suppose, but there are people that are much smarter than I that make those decisions. So for right now I'll just end up craving some pizza.