Hunter Achievements: SoV, SoL, PoP, LoY

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by GoldenFrog, Jun 22, 2017.

1. GoldenFrog Augur

Started going through areas. Found/reported one that didn't register (Culthor in SolC)

Curious about several Velious named that were already checked for me like Tanthor & Icehackle in Western Wastes. And a dozen+ others from many zones.

I don't have items from these mobs - but DID go through for Tradeskills in the past month.

What makes sense is they started tracking kills last month without advertising. If so, would be Velious only as other recent PoP kills aren't in here.

Regardless.... OCD "on".
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Kind of annoyed at the inclusion of Narandi the Wretched in Great Divide (10th ring war) in the Velious raid achievements.

As far as difficulty wise for Hunters I think the new biggest hurdles will be Scarlet Desert, Vaniki (just because you can't do anything to speed this camp up), Twilight Sea, and Swamp of No Hope (I had no idea SONH had so many named wtf).

Got lucky and got Vaniki after servers came up sometime last night. That whole 8.5 hour pop after up is baloney.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I've spent lots of time in that zone doing Iks quest things and such, and I was shocked too. Recognized like...4-5 of those guys, tops. Fun times ahead.
  4. GoldenFrog Augur

As Sheex said, I was surprised in the last and this set - how extremely few I knew. And I started early end of Kunark era. You'd think I'd recognize more than 3% of the nameds.

As far as frustrations, I truly look at this as a long-term, fun-on-the-side for most, and we are trying to bull-rush it. It isn't designed for that. So we have to accept that there are some 3-day, 5-day, 12-day spawns etc... to deal with. (Not lecturing you - just explaining how I've had to mentally position myself)

Edit: Also helps for me to remember all the good luck finds/kills to offset each Tisella. THANK you because sure enough, Vaniki was up. Trying to prioritize the mobs you wanna keep an eye on. Whew
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. EnchFWO Augur

I can promise you that anyone who was already working on Artisan's Prize aug is cursing the addition of PoP raid achievements. An already horrible scenario just went from bad to worse. Now, I'm guilty myself - I killed one or two PoP raid mobs come server up but yeah... I saw every other guild rushing other targets too for a non-reward. Outside of your own guild you don't have people doing RIs for a PoP progression kill when it takes less than 30 seconds to do. So, "accepting" this reality to me is not acceptable in it's current state.
    Coagagin and Vdidar like this.
  6. GoldenFrog Augur

I'm actually curious - because I wouldn't be surprised to find out ZERO others on my server care about this. How many game-wide have done more than a couple kills?

I honestly don't know - but it sure seems a tiny number for not surprising reasons.

(But you are still completely correct)
    EnchFWO likes this.
  7. EnchFWO Augur

All I know is that I can't find any PoP targets up on Bristle (mere hours after the patch and then again checking today in case of the +/- mechanic). I'm even talking ring events, etc. Everything. Now, some of those people may have been working on the aug but I know many of them already had it. Granted - we have 3 current content raiding guilds, a few slightly behind raiding guilds, and a bazillion top level family guilds. I saw all of these different mixes rushing through various PoP zones last night.

Maybe it is different on other servers but I know a lot of top end people literally have 0 else to do so if they bother logging in, these are probably the things they would go after. The nostalgia factor probably is motivation too.What's annoying is having just done a lot of these recently and it not counting. It would have been nice if there was a retroactive flag.
  8. dinozo_povar Journeyman

The PoP kills annoy me the most. Apparently we got credit for Plane of War Zek Bros post facto. But nothing else. I just* did all these in 2016. :[
  9. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

ChardokB appears to have 3 new rare undead mobs added to the Hunter requirement...the 20 hours I spent in the zone getting rabids wasn't enough. /sigh
  10. GoldenFrog Augur

There are quite a few zones with the same-name mob issue from before.
    Plane of Hate has "an ashenbone drake". They're everywhere. Have killed many from different spawn spots. No credit. Not sure the plan here but... will keep killing.
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

If it isn't one of the optional checkmarks, then yeah, putting Narandi there is a mistake. That's akin to making a lot of the raid encounters in various epic quests count as a named.
  12. Tnexus Journeyman

Just wait til people realize how hard it's going to be to get the Captain Krasnok achievement in Hate's Fury. Have fun camping that Map and Booze!
    Rajaah likes this.
  13. GoldenFrog Augur

Well, just re-finished Rathe Mountains. Quid Rilstone took 2 days to spawn by mass slaughter NE of paladin camp.

I know this set of Hunter will play out MUCH differently than the last - much bigger, broader, with more timed raid mobs. But... our status: Re-solving the original stuff first.

* Chardok B - 1 day. Only 1 named so far.
    * Swamp of No Hope - 2 days much slower, than I'd expected. 4 named down. 20 left.

* Rathe Mountains - 2.5 combined days to repeat
    * North Karana - 2 days, no luck on Bristletoe. Mostly slaughter W/NW of druid circle
    * Steamfont - 2 days, no sighting of Minotaur Hero. Mix of caves in NE and mostly Mino camp in NW
    * PoHate - quick-ish except "an ashenbone drake". No clue what this means, with killing 100 scattered "an ashenbone drake"s

Rest have gone relatively okay.
  14. GoldenFrog Augur

Before we put in a bug report - Does anyone know about "Nortlav the Scalekeeper" in the hole?

I'd understood he was removed many years ago in favor of "Echo of Nortlav".

Killing Echo of Nortlav today drops same items as Scalekeeper, but doesn't give /achievement credit.
  15. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

For the Minotaur Hero, you just kill the very first minotaur slaver in the northeast mines. As soon as this particular slaver dies there's like a 1% chance the Minotaur Hero will immediately spawn across the canyon from the mines and begin roaming around.

It's a dumb camp but I've done it a few times in the past couple years on TLP and it always works this way.
    Orbital101 likes this.
  16. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Ngreth I know you're probably monitoring these Hunter threads...please consider upping the spawn percentage for mobs that are 1% or less to at least 5-10 percent. I like the Hunter achievements but camping these old zones for 20-50 hours waiting on rare greycon worthless mobs is sort of a drag. I'm not sure there are many MMORPGs out there that make players invest this many hours waiting for an npc to spawn.
  17. Randragon Augur

Deux said:

[QUOTE Ngreth I know you're probably monitoring these Hunter threads...please consider upping the spawn percentage for mobs that are 1% or less to at least 5-10 percent. I like the Hunter achievements but camping these old zones for 20-50 hours waiting on rare greycon worthless mobs is sort of a drag. I'm not sure there are many MMORPGs out there that make players invest this many hours waiting for an npc to spawn.] [/QUOTE]

What Deux said is right. Especially for no reward other than the worthless Achievement point system.
    Andarriel likes this.
  18. GoldenFrog Augur

Why would anybody care enough to do this "worthless" task but only if its made easy enough.

I can promise you the list of changes does not include any such thing. It is what it is. It is adding a flag to existing content, not redesigning the entire spawn system to suit your desires.

The devs spent a chunk of hours identifying nameds, then adding them to a list.

For that, they give hundreds and hundreds of hours of play time, and those on progression and other servers get to see neat check-marks as they hit certain mobs which they are ACTUALLY camping for items, dropping from mobs intentionally as uncommon as they are.

This enhancement doesn't include changing 15-20 year old spawn logic so level 105 chars can go back and "do it quickly".
  19. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

A title or an evolving aug that powered up the more expansions you completed would be cool.

But I'm doing them mostly for some reason to keep logging in, and it's working for now. Right now I'm relaxing in Ykesha since 99% of all of the named are statics with known spawnpoint/PHs and rewatching Oz.

I think there are quite a few named whose spawn mechanics are silly (Hi Minotaur Hero day #3) or that don't belong on the lists (Seriously, Eoms in Vex Thal?) but I can at least appreciate that they added it in as something to do, and Daybreak seem to be very receptive to fixing issues that are coming up and bugs that are reported in completing them.
  20. GoldenFrog Augur

Btw, thank you for this. I'm now 12-hours into THAT pattern. Woo hoo!