How many times has Everquest given away Heroic toons?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drpeppa, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Drpeppa Journeyman

As the question asks, does anyone know how often they have given them away?
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. KrakenReality Augur

3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

3 times actually.

3 year interval is the pattern.
    Gialana likes this.
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Benito is correct.

The first wave in March 2014 were when the Heroic Characters were introduced. These were special Heroic Characters in that once claimed, you could not delete the character and get the Heroic Character availability back (the second and third are regular heroic characters as if you purchased from the marketplace). If I remember correctly, there was also a special "only one claim per IP address" for silver/ftp accounts to prevent every free account from getting one ... which may or may not have been very easily gotten around.

The second one in 2017 for the anniversary was given to all existing accounts in Everquest as of the start of the anniversary -or- was given to any new accounts that went All Access during the promotional period.

This last one in 2020 for the anniversary was just for all access accounts.

So in 2023 for the anniversary, all all access accounts with yearly subscriptions should get one. And in 2026 just those on lifetime memberships...
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

All the FTP accounts I made and received free heroics on says this isn't correct.

I made 4 accounts as placeholders, so I could have race/class combos that weren't allowed to FTP accounts under the new system (we had like a month or whatever notice and could make them). They all received 2 free heroics (1st and 2nd rounds) without subbing.

Last one you had to sub to get though.
  6. Riou EQResource

Make free heroics on Miragul, wait a year for it to be merged/free xfer off onto any server of your choice :p
    Gyurika Godofwar and Elyssanda like this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Ssssshhhhh!
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

It literally takes an afternoon to level a toon to 85. I think the secret's out - and it's fine.
  9. Act of Valor The Newest Member

What is a toon?
    Bobbybick likes this.
  10. Flatchy Court Jester

Id guess its a pet peeve of yours??
    Tatanka likes this.
  11. Zanarnar Augur

[IMG]
    Nennius and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  12. seber Augur

it tell 3 of them sit rott my log in
  13. Act of Valor The Newest Member

W-what?
    Celephane likes this.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL Seber has his own special language. I always get a kick reading his posts. Though I rarely understand them ;)
    Nennius likes this.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

I think we need a team of codebreakers to get on this.
  16. Flatchy Court Jester

Until 3 of them sit rotting on my log in- I used my enigma machine on that , was it close?

(I have 2 on mine sitting there)
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Wow, I think that's probably it. Props to you!

All this time I figured it was some weird language barrier. Now, I think maybe it's a funky speech-to-text app. Who knows. Still, fun to see the posts :)
  18. Flatchy Court Jester

Only reason I could read it is I type on my phone way fast and it usually comes out like that lol. I would guess it was voice to text too. My mom does that all the time and its usually way off.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

She does that when she texts me, too.
    Flatchy likes this.