How many people do you know that boxes now days?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Peltier, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Peltier Elder

Just like the thread asks.

How many people do you guys know, that box multiple toons?
  2. Peltier Elder

Bah double posted thread Mods, can you please delete 1?
  3. TheStugots Augur

Easier question would be how many I know who don't box. That list is very small.
    Tucoh likes this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I don't box, but it is my impression that most do...
    Annastasya likes this.
  5. svann Augur

Sometimes I two box, but not often.
  6. Derd Augur

Of my six player normal group, I am the only one that box's and that's only for when i'm on at different times than normal group. I use it to level up baby alts using my zerker on second account, or I've got some pairs of lower level's that I group together in older content to goof off with.
  7. keviin101higuys Lorekeeper

I know more people who box then those that dont...
  8. bigpapa Augur

I box 4 .
    and same , I see more players who box than the one who only have one account.

BTW , boxers imo give more $$ to daybreak than the single accounts.

and DB make some weird move like tier one fell foliage , hero of skyfire and gorowyn where it 's nearly impossible to box ( for most ).

we can buy with currency : LOL :rolleyes: ,the selrach armors, ** if we could kill these hero tasks it would help P **

I box shaman ( will will be nerfed bad soon )
    druid ( who will be nerfed bad soon )
    chanter ( who might be next to be nerfed )
    and mage .
    in my future I see , mobs dying much slower while having to cast much more insane mana dots,..........
  9. IblisTheMage Augur

Only DB could give an accurate answer, I would argue that there is no reason to believe that the forum community is representative, ditto the replies that would come to this post...
  10. Aurastrider Augur

Playing mostly at night and being in a small guild pretty much everyone I know boxes. For most live servers during non peak times its the only way I can see progressing through this game.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

I box sometimes, and don't box other times. If I get a full solid group I don't box. (and some days I have anti-social days and box on my own)
  12. Skvoid Elder

I

I three box a lot but often play with a friend who boxes as well, we normally play two each with two mercs then.
    I agree about some of the odd decisions DB has been taking that seem to negatively affect boxing, as it's imho at least half the revenue stream for EQ.
    Even progression in EoK for the immunity to the Kor zak is a pain for multiple characters (I have 10 or so alts all 105+ and only 3 have done the progression I hate it that much) a large amount of those quests are single player rather than group and very long and painful (I am looking at you Scorched Woods, which has annoying faction resets too)
    I actually hope they do something about that quest line, people who need it now who don't box have real problems getting groups to go back and do it. A few in my guild who have come back need it and it's taking them ages to get it done.
    I will say the progression in RoS is much better they all seem to be group quests (though they are buggy) so at least you don't have to collect 50 of this and that over all your characters. Though the Missions like FF and Skyfire don't seem boxable currently (I boxed FF with a friend before nerf obviously)
    Peltier likes this.
  13. CrazyLarth Augur

maybe 10 peeps I know off.
    the other day I saw some one boxing I thought did not have boxes. you just never know.
    Peltier likes this.
  14. Tiggold Augur

I started boxing out of necessity and now only do it if I really have to. I love to group and being on a new server I really want to not box as much as possible. I have 3 accounts and a 24/7 trader account and after 2-boxing I get a bit overwhelmed, not sure I want to work that hard.
    Peltier likes this.
  15. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

My most casual friends don't box because they only care to have one account. My most hard core friends usually box two accounts. Some can box but don't always, it depends on what they are up to. Personally I've never boxed, but that will be ending soon. I subbed a second account and will likely do the tag along Bard thing on a couple different servers. Will see how it goes.
  16. Tachyon Augur

I did for a while but very rarely these days. There's not much I haven't accomplished in game at this point so it's more about grouping.
  17. YellowBelly Augur

Almost everyone in my guild boxes including me.

I find it easy to take things at my own pace and not be tied to my computer for extended periods of time. Going free to play has really opened up a whole new world to those of us that spent years on one account.
  18. Peltier Elder

What guild are you in ?
  19. Peltier Elder

Everyone I know in game, boxes. Or has boxes (aka multiple accounts)

I would at this point in the game's life, say that Boxers probably (very probably) (or people that pay for at least 2+ accounts) make up the majority of the game.

What say you guys ?
  20. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

Boxing is a great defense against frustration and stagnation. At this point, the only way to beat the nerf bat 100% of the time, is to simply have a max level of each class, that way you can switch your main / one of your boxes over to whichever is currently flavor of the month if the latest nerf is too much to bear.

Boxing is also the only way to never be idle. Instead of looking for a tank or whatnot, you just go do the thing you want to do.

There are many people who consider themselves their main class; "I've been a paladin since...." or "As a Shaman, I....". This is wrong. You are not your character. You probably think you are an expert on your chosen class, but how can that be if you know little to nothing about the rest of the classes? Without a full education on each aspect of EQ, you can't possibly be your best at any single class.

Boxers are the best players, and personally, I get a helluva lot done compared to the people I see in general chat begging for a group- "109 Rog or 93 Wizard LFG", etc. It's funny when they're smug about it, too. "I'd rather play with other humans" Oh? Well I'd rather play the game as opposed to begging for a spot and then virtue signaling about how awesome it is to do everyone a huge favor by grouping with them.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.