Housing Conundrum

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Grove, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Grove Augur

I just gave some bad advice, that a friend from another guild could purchase a plot and place a house in our guild instance. This is not possible. I now seek a workaround.

In the past I have seen houses of guildies lost to other guilds remain after their change. To my knowledge there is no barrier to leaving the house there ongoing. Is this still true? Can objects be placed and removed in this housing situation?

An alt of the friend remains in our guild. So I am considering having the alt buy the plot and place the house, granting permissions to the main in the other guild. Is this possible? Would the character not of the home guild have the option to place and remove objects?
  2. Warpeace Augur

As long as they have an alt in your guild they can purchase an available housing plot themselves and give permissions to any toon they wish.

As long as a person was in the guild and they purchased a lot they can keep it as long as the escrow is good. Effectively a player can keep it forever as long as there is sufficient funds in the escrow to pay the rent. This is why some have asked for guild leaders to have an eviction button.
    Allayna and MasterMagnus like this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The alt o' friend buys the plot. Make the main friend co- owner if possible.

See if you can "sell" plot to main. I have only ever sold plots to other guildies so not sure if it will work on nonguilded friends.

If not possible then yes, go into real estate management and give all permissions to the main. In the permission screen you can set to allow placement, removal etc of items. You can even allow main to pay for upkeep.

It might be safer to just use an un-guilded or open neighborhood
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Just to clarify and review the situation as it stands.
    -You only need to be a member of the guild at the time of purchasing a plot in their neighborhood.
    -You can place a house which requires no upkeep, and effectively create a permanent plot.
    -You can then leave guild and the plot will stay. You don't have to give permissions to an alt or anything.
    -This is obviously undesirable for GLs, and not what the (guild writ) description would lead you to believe.
    -Although the devs have been asked, they will never give GLs (or any individual) an 'evict button'. So don't worry about getting evicted.
    Warpeace likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You still have to pay plot upkeep unless your using the special houses.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  6. Warpeace Augur

Co-owner can do that. Or pay one mil plat and basically own it forever.
  7. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Or pay with chronobines doubloons or whatever you have a ton of laying around. I'd say paying up 5 years is effectively 'forever'.

But yes, the special houses was what I meant by 'place-a-house-permanent-plot'.

Cue the requests for another expansion house. :D
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Lets get an ICE PALACE!!! Oh yeah, I would pre order that bad boy!!!
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  9. Allayna Augur

My spidey senses were tingling....did some say.....#evictbutton?
    MasterMagnus likes this.