High Value Achievements/Quests from old content?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tryal Anderror, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Tryal Anderror Journeyman

Coming back from several years off and trying to catch up and figured other people might benefit as well from a list of what quests and achievements from past content are still relevant and helpful to your character now?

There's some obvious ones, like several dozen ranks of Hero's Fortitude, Resolution and Vitality.

There's many old Trophies, but hard to figure out what stacks, what runs into a cap anyway etc... Which trophies are worth going back to get?

Also any older items, clickables, teleport objects etc...from old expansions that are still valuable to get today?

Also any that just unlock something, like I've seen a number of level 100+ characters rocking lower tier Mercenaries just because they didn't know there's a quest they gotta do. Any thing like that people can think of
    Kaenneth likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Maybe they are F2P or Silver and cannot do the quest needed to get the higher tier merc.

It would be nice to have a list of Hero's Fortitude, Resolution and Vitality quests/ach.

Of course there are the tradeskill charms and earring and parrot etc
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Hero's_Special_AAs take you up to TBL Heroic achieves
    Gyurika Godofwar and Marton like this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

There are some caster Augs from CotF with specialize mods on them, like: https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=94659 (there is one for each casting-skill).

Staff of viral flux: https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=127554 is also useful for some

Im still using my prayershawl, https://special.eqresource.com/sacredprayershawloftheduke.php not sure if it will be useful forever though, but might be worth considering.

Clicky tash: https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=139346

Dodge mod aug: https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=86162
  5. Jennre Band Leader

Start in COtF and do all challenger/hunter/collects and work through all expansions after that for Heroics, a few good clickies, and decent trophies. I recently did this and it was actually quite fun.
  6. bobokatt Augur

Thank you guys been looking for something like this for a while, was making my own list till Yinla posted that link. This is awesome for me. Now let's see how hard this will be going back (starting in COtF) for a 115 max group geared toon. I have a mix and match of stuff I started and then left behind. These are indeed worth doing, I mean better than sitting around in the GH
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Jennre Band Leader

At 115 everything is trivial until RoS. Then boxing and/or adding a friend or 2 will help a lot. I boxed almost everything, with the exception of some Missions in each expansion, which I had friends help me with. I did this for the alt team, and the difference of having these achievements, trophies, random clickies is noticeable.

If you can get a solid group or 2 together, I recommend doing the raids and achievements in Rain of Fear for the ultra rare raid drops and/or coin to buy them from the vendor.
  8. Tryal Anderror Journeyman

I've been doing this, but starting back in HoThule
    So far as 115 Necro I've been able to do all the Merc, Partisan and Hero achievements for each zone Solo, so I think if you've got an actual group of geared up toons it's beyond trivial, I seem to be able to solo most things well into RoS

Some of the collections, make sure you're grabbing too, some of the Scavenger trophies are really good, but also for CotF and TDS rewards allow you to activate one additional trophy, and a lot of those collection items only come from the instanced zones while doing those quests.

Something specific for Necros I'll mention too is the Blightbring's Tunic of the Grave, from OoW in Anguish, the entire raid zone can be solo'd easily and the item has a clicky that increases crit chance by 40% for about a minute, amazingly good item.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

If you can throw together a group or two, Shield of immaculate light from CoTF T2 raids is a useful clicky, as is Venenium from Arx mentis.
    Jumbur and Marton like this.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Can those drop from a regular raid-win, or do they only have a chance to drop, if you beat the corresponding vanquisher challenges?

We did them as an open raid in my guild(and farmed enough coins for everyone), and they never dropped when we failed the achievements...

On-topic:
    You should look into DoN-progression for the special AA's, and maybe MPG-trials for the resist-bonus, if you are not a heroic char. Maxing the journeyman compass is also worthwhile(passive runspeed bonus!)
  11. Aegir Augur

Need Vanquisher achievements to be able to buy those items for currency. They can still drop off the chest normally.
    Bigstomp and Jumbur like this.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

What Aegir said. But the ach's are pretty easy now. For the shield you only need the ach's for the bayle raid. For venenium only the ach's for arx 5. You don't need the entire expansions worth.

And yes, they can also drop from the chest (and in arx also from the 1 off raid chests)

And with 40 coins instead of 10 dropping per event now, you can get them pretty quickly.

About half of them seem to involve telling your dps to sit on their hands for a bit and not do anything.
    Jumbur and Aegir like this.
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Yep, we got the achievements (and unlocked them on vendor) and farmed enough coins for everyone, I only asked because I was unsure if they could also drop on a regular win.
    It wasn't difficult and coins were quickly adding up, we were a lot more than 1 group though. :)
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

The power increase of players since these raids were new will blow your mind.
    I don't think I would be exaggerating too much to suggest that 1-2 zerkers can probably do the dps that used to be an entire raid back then.
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I recently tried to molo the tower of rot group mission, it did not end well(I was going for the challenger achievements, but still). In the end i needed a group to get through it. That said, it wasn't a question of dps, but control...

There are raids where you can just burn through and bypass all the mechanics, but Im not sure every arx mentis/tower of rot-raid is like that, especially if you want the achievements.

I know it is an optional arx mentis raid, but for Tito's Ghost you need several different types of CC to handle the adds, for example...

But older raids like Master Vule in dreadspire keep, is 2-shotable for a wizard, and hilariously easy...
  16. Bigstomp Augur

For ToR raid:
    Don't charm anything (ach 1)
    Keep adds dead.
    Follow mechanics until the 3 mini's.
    Keep adds dead.
    Unbalance them a few times. (ach 2)
    Then balance them down to dead.
    Get to the phase with the royal guards.
    Off tank bayle, kill adds until you have enough dead. (ach 3).
    Finish the event.
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Correct, thats the event, the tricky part was convincing the raid not to over-dps bayle...:p

A well balanced group might be able to handle it, but its easier if you are more...:)

After all, we were more than one group that wanted the shield.