Hello, I'm mad.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by NimsalChaosbane, Nov 22, 2017.

1. NimsalChaosbane New Member

Hi, you can call me Nimsal Chaosbane.

I've been playing EverQuest for a really long time, I play on the Phinigel server.

I don't understand and I don't think it's very fair to continuously get denied to the raiding guilds. I am level 61 and I've been working very hard on my AA and gear the best I can, but there is only so much I can buy in the bazaar. I've put my time in, I buy my Krono from DBG like everyone else, I log in every day for about an hour or two at very least. I have a life!! I work full time, I have a wife and 3 beautiful children. I know some of these guilds breeze through the content, would I really be holding you back??? I know there are others like me!! Stop being so unfair!!!

Sincerely, Nimsal
  2. Darchias Augur

Well, this may be a controversial opinion, but nobody deserves to get into a raiding guild. They're player-run organizations. Some are going to be more discerning than others. Furthermore, some classes are less useful in a raiding guild than others. What do you play Nimsal? The high-end raiding guilds also, of course, prefer players who are level-capped. You might want to hit 65 first friend!

Also... you have a life and a job, so obviously you've been to a job interview. Is this how you speak to the recruiters? Just treat applying to a guild like applying to a job, I'm sure they'll like you more!

Also, all the top raiding guilds communicate in some small way. It may be possible you have a reputation that you are unaware of. Can you identify any personal grudges you may have started with some of the top officers? They may have warned off the other guilds about you.
    Chatoyan likes this.
  3. Machentoo Augur

The bottom line is, no, you haven't put your time in. The level cap has been level 70 for months now, and you haven't even made level 65 which was the cap almost a year ago. Most raid guilds aren't running with anyone below level 70 on raids any more. If you want to join a raid guild, you need to be the appropriate level for raiding.

And yes, as a level 61 you are dead weight on raids and contribute next to nothing.
    Gio1999 and Xanadas like this.
  4. Darchias Augur

Ah, 70. My mistake, I don't play on Phinigel, wasn't sure what the cap was.
  5. MaxTheLion Augur

There are many categories of raiding guilds. Maybe you're attempting to join one that has requirements that you currently aren't able to meet. Set your sights on a target that is closer to your range. A good thread was put together back in September with the guilds and their raiding days/times. Maybe you can research on their websites to see if any fit your play times. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/phinigel-raid-guild-schedules.243906/
    Chatoyan likes this.
  6. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

On the guild application, where they ask if you have beautiful children, put "no." They will take pity on you and let you join. Just make sure never to post family pictures on the guild forums or they could figure out your deception.

Seriously though, the level of commitment required for raiding is high. If they don't feel you are committed to raiding they may turn you down. There's a difference between wanting to raid, and wanting to be a solid addition to a raid force. People who do this day in and day out can tell the difference.

Other than that, the reputation thing could be it too. If you rub people the wrong way they won't be quick to include you in their tight-knit group.
  7. NimsalChaosbane New Member

I think some of you people missed the point, so while you sit on your high horse in your raiding guilds denying me because of I have other responsibilities too. @machentoo, you must be one of them!!!
  8. Xanadas Augur

Something tells me there's more to this story than the OP is letting on.

Unless you play a class that is just over-populated, there's no reason you can't make your way into a guild somewhere -- unless you've burned too many bridges around the server.

The pessimist in me suspects you want a spot on a roster of a guild farming end-game content so you can just show up collect your gear. Nobody is looking for people in that situation nor do most "top guilds" even allow non-max-level on raids in the first place, let alone give them gear. Guilds farming end-game are going to be bringing their alts and second-string players first. You're going to have to apply to some of the lower guilds that might still be progressing that aren't filling 72 person raids.

Side recommendation: Cut the entitlement. Nobody owes you a spot in the raid roster and people aren't being "unfair" by not taking you. Nobody/no guild of any caliber is going to take pity on you when you think you're owed a spot in a guild simply because the guild is killing stuff easily. Highly populated guilds have people sitting bench and a long line of people being rotated in to go on raid clears.

Just my 2cp.
    Lariza likes this.
  9. Lariza Journeyman

Is this for real or just someone trolling? I feel like this is just a super hardcore troll...

If it is not then I will just add a few things.

1) You aren't raid level, as others have posted above most guilds want contributing members for raids, whether they are a Casual or Hardcore raiding guild no one likes bringing along and gearing people who can't help.

2) Research guilds, lots, including mine, allow people of any level to join and when we have "fun raids" where we do older content we let people of any level come along and gobble up the gear that was going to go to bots or alts anyway.

3) Get a better attitude. The whoa is me and you all are being unfair is a ridiculous argument and the fact that you not only think that way but felt you needed to come to the forums and post about it more or less shows why you cannot find people who want to help you and allow you to raid when you aren't an asset but a liability instead. People who are great, helpful, kind and generous to others I am more than happy to pick up the slack for, those who complain and whine while putting in minimal to no effort compared to what is required to reach their goals get no sympathy or help from me.

Best of luck finding a place.
  10. TLP Addict Augur

Poe's Law comes to mind.

Recruiter from one of the top raid guilds letting off some steam.
    Chatoyan and Gio1999 like this.
  11. Bewts Augur

Don’t feed the trolls, raiding requires a time investment and prioritizing investment into your character.

If you cannot keep up? Level set that not all raid guilds are going to accept you.

In the famous words of my long deceased Iksar Beastlord on EQ MAC...

<You now have Ferocity>
    Less QQ, more PEWPEW !
  12. NimsalChaosbane New Member

First off, I clearly stated that I have been working hard on my AA, because if you did not know, my class has upwards of 500 of them, alot of which I am already of level to get.

Second off, I don't know who Poe is, or why he/she would relate to the point I am trying to make. Please explain?
  13. Machentoo Augur

You are right, I would deny you if you applied to my guild as a raider.

I too have other responsibilities, as does almost everyone in my guild. There's no shame in not having the time to be level 70. But, many of us have no problem achieving it while also working full time, taking care of spouse, raising children, etc etc. The raid guilds are not what are holding you back here, it is your play time.
  14. NimsalChaosbane New Member

I apologize... That I don't play everquest 16 hours a day, 7 days a week to keep up with your guild.
  15. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I believe a man is judged by his enemies. Name and shame these guilds who think you are not good enough. If I share your elitist jerk list, I will invite you to my guild.
  16. Grebhiker Lorekeeper

Just gonna say....maybe you are on the wrong server? On Lockjaw we have lots of new guildmembers levelling up with assistance and gear from guild members. Heck our 40s are getting pulled into time to loot gear that would rot so they have stuff to wear when they hit 65....

Just saying... oh and 50% bonus exp is just around the corner.

Boffin Likeaboss
    Head Frog
    DeadHalflingSociety
  17. NimsalChaosbane New Member

@dythan What guild are you the leader of and what do you raid, and what hours do you raid?
  18. Ickybudz New Member

I'm sure complaining about it on the forums is the solution. Now you're going to have guilds begging you to drive down their average raid level.
  19. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Nuh uh sweet heart, you gotta show me yours first.
  20. Vanrau Augur

It doesn't take that much time to level up. Stop AAing and go 100% full experience. Levels are better than AA's. Also you need to be in full groups to get experience bonus to level faster. Buy some experience potions during a good group that pulls fast. Set some time aside on weekends to grind out as much experience as you can.

If you can't commit the time to catch up then I would suggest playing a more casual game.