Healer Mercs not working right?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sostenes, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Sostenes Augur

I have been able to molo a bunch of ToV mobs with no problems whatsoever since ToV's release, the past few days, cant keep my pet alive with healer merc alone. Did something change?

Sostenes
    OldCa61 likes this.
  2. bigpapa Augur

i had same issue 2 hours ago { in TOFS }, was wondering what was happening to the healer merc, he was casting few heals ( i got group hot, hot, delayed heal blocked.

then i switched merc for another healer merc and it was fine.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  3. Bobokin Augur

Stop hitting on your mercs in down time, and they might just heal you from time to time!

;)
  4. Sostenes Augur

Switched healer merc, still performing as bad as prior, he casts heals, but not as he use to as my pet keeps dying if I dont assist merc with heals.
  5. Cadira Augur

If your healer merc sucks, it's working correctly.
  6. OldCa61 Augur

OP Has a Valid Point. I have been fighting in Velk's since expansion released. No problems with Merc keeping pet alive. As of a few days ago I have become the main healer. Not sure what's going on because I can kill higher lvl mobs in GD and CC without ever having to heal my pet. Maybe a Dev or someone can look into this please ?
  7. Coppercoz Augur

Slightly off topic since I am not in ToV, but I have had healer merc simply stop working in Gribbles HA more than once. Luckily I box with a shaman, but I always keep tabs on if the healer is doing its job or taking a break from now on. They'll do weird things sometimes as well. I had one run off following the puller way away from the rest just to buff the puller.

Cycling puller and healer setting seemed to "reset" the merc, granted this may be totally unrelated.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

Mercs are as tired of gribbles as most of the rest of us.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Healer mercs are using a very poor choice of spells currently.

Had a real cleric log in while we were using 2 healer mercs, cleric joined group but we left 1 healer merc to heal to allow the real cleric to nuke the undead in ToV, real cleric was doing back up heals when things got risky. On a number of occasions the cleric said "what on earth are they using that spell for".

Who ever created the healer merc needs to re-evaluate the choice or spells they use, either talk to the top healers or talk to Aristo who creates the spells, cause current choice of spells are not cutting it.
  10. Endorek Lorekeeper

Same problem here, content that is normally trivial is trashing me, something has definitely changed. I don't think it's merc spell choice I think it's something else. I watched my merc chain heal himself even though he's full and leave me sitting at 40% health after a combat. On the subject of spell choice though, is there an updated list of spells that people recommend being blocked, there's an older post with a great list, but it is for spells up to 110 and since it's just the number of the spell I'm not sure the easiest way to extrapolate it to add 111-115 versions of a spell line.
  11. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Healer mercenaries were coded for their spell book and selection in SoD. I don’t believe the spell selection has seen much if any update since the original design.

In SoD, Cleric Remedy was 1.8s cast time, healed for 3k and had a 3.5s quiet spell lockout timer and Light was focused down to 2.3s cast time, healed for 6k and could be spammed. In summary, the only direct Heal worth casting in SoD was Light or Renewal, and the remedy line was now trash

Now if you jump forward to ToV, Remedy has a 0.5s cast time, the Heal is now closer to 75% the value of light rather than 50% it was originally. The superior method to fire heals quickly is to chain remedies because there’s no timer linking them together. But the mercenary logic is stuck in SoD when remedy was useless and light was the only heal to chain.

Yea Mercs have long had an issue trying to prioritize preemptive spells mid-Combat round like casting a Promised Renewal that won’t pay off for 20 seconds or casting a HoT that won’t pay off entirely for 24 seconds etc. These issues can be resolved by blocking Promised, HoT, and Group HoT spells.

But the bigger issue is still that they’re relying on slow-mode heals that aren’t really the backbone of healing and haven't been for most priests (except druids) for about 6 years now. Damage spikes are much more prevalent in modern content and the original bread and butter light line is simply too slow to deal with these spikes especially if you don’t outgear the content.
    Skuz and Yinla like this.
  12. Endorek Lorekeeper

This is a great post, but it doesn't address the OP's issue. You're right about why mercs in general are not as good as they could be and how to correct the problem, but there is a new merc healer issue which has just shown up in the last week or so that is something different from their general inefficiencies.
    Skuz, Nennius and OldCa61 like this.
  13. OldCa61 Augur

This is absolutely correct. My healer Merc ends up with full mana and I am almost OOM ? I ran some different zones and Velks/ToFS seem to be the worst, but it is happening everywhere. Merc just stands there (and laughs at Full Mana) while I am barely keeping pet alive. I've talked to others and they say the same is happening to them. Could someone please look into what was changed ? Makes my game unplayable. BTW, I have raid geared toon with all AA's and Raid lvl Pet. shouldn't all the sudden have issues killing lvl 112/113 mobs. I never had this issue until last week.
    Skuz, Kaenneth and Endorek like this.
  14. Endorek Lorekeeper

chain casting group heal with only one character having less than 100% is one of the issues
    Skuz, Wulfhere and OldCa61 like this.
  15. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Dunno, don't have spells block and mercs seem to heal me fine in ToV.

If its ToFS, maybe its that old geometry bug where if your merc ends up on a wall at a higher Z elevation than you, its like they lose sight of you and stop healing.

If you block those heals on a merc, you've blocked them from your cleric using them on you too, right?
  16. Balthen Lorekeeper

Maybe there is cleric code suggested from a very old and surly cleric that instructions them to let you die....alot...
    Nennius likes this.
  17. Vitaulic Apprentice

I agree something is wrong, maybe we should move this to the bug section and start up voting it?
    Wulfhere and OldCa61 like this.
  18. Wulfhere Augur

This ...

... when 1 of 4 is taking any damage (and no cures are needed):

Combined: An exiled sentry on 2/21/2020

An aviak healer - 354
    --- Sincere Light Rk. II - 102
    --- Word of Greater Replenishment Rk. II - 90
    --- Dire Renewal Rk. II - 59
    --- Restoring Splash Rk. II - 38
    --- Promised Redemption Rk. II - 36
    --- Sincere Elixir Rk. II - 27
    --- Expurgated Blood Rk. II - 1
    --- Greater Protection of Vie Rk. II - 1

Produced by GamParse v2.0.0.98 BETA
    Skuz, OldCa61 and Endorek like this.
  19. Derresh Augur

my healer mercs occasionally walk everywhere like they are snared.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  20. OldCa61 Augur

Mine too, even with Flight of Eagles she is just strolling at impulse power instead of warp speed :)