Group gear vender question...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Greymantle, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Greymantle Augur

Curious as the the reason that stuff like Tan Battleworn Sack
    https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=161424
    are flagged lore. I get, and am ok with the the no-trade/ heirloom flags. But it is very possible to accumulate enough of the coin to be able to puchase multiples for one toon to use.

Currently once you have all the type 5 augs you want and get a bag. That's it unless you want to pass a bag to an alt and get another .
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We still want players to gain bags from multiple sources and limit how quickly they come into the game. "unlimited" doesn't limit it! Even if there is a time cost.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

What about bringing back tradeable currently like older expansions like TBM had? Let those of us that play "just a little bit too much"... sell off those old coins to those that can't play enough. (I've got 41k extra coin with nothing to do with them)
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I thought it was very clear that the intention was one bag to a character. I mean that is the whole purpose of lore.
    Nennius likes this.
  5. Greymantle Augur

Exactly, i was questioning "Why lore?"
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

I think the reason for lore is self explanatory and we should be nothing less than grateful that they are heirloom. This coming from a returning player (myself) that is working old expansions to obtain these items.

I do wish every expansion awarded a collection bag for completing the entire expansion worth of collections, like ROF does.

And at least if not tradable, heirloom. It would be nice if I could pass that currency from my raid geared main to my alt. I am very grateful I can do this with the bags. My ENC out DPSs my ranger. I wish I could gear my ranger without sandbagging the group. I'm still putting in the time and it's not facilitating others skipping content.
    Nennius and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I was just talking about the group currently, not raid. Raid currency should never be tradeable on the regular servers.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually what it appears you are questioning is why you can have only one. The reason for it being lore is obvious.

You can only get one this way because they want you to get only one this way. They still offer 40 slot backs premium expansion items. They still sell large bags in the store (though for some reason they don't have the 36 slots for sale maybe the same reasons I am giving). The last few expansions you have been able to get a lore 40 slot back as drops.

Letting you fill up on 40 slot bags makes them less unique and reduces their value as bonus items. 40 slot bags no longer become special when you can fill up on them in one expansion. That is why.
    Duder and Ngreth Thergn like this.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

I was talking about group currency. Sorry for the confusion. I was speaking in the context of the bag from group currency. I was strictly referencing the group augs and heirloom on currencies.
  10. Nniki Augur

While I understand why the bag is the way it is, it would be nice if these merchants offered more items such that players could benefit from earning currency past what is necessary for their type 5 augmentations selection and a single bag.

As an example, power sources were available on merchants in Katta during The Buried Sea expansion. That and/or other types of consumables would be cool to see. Could put the expansion food and drink there or potions and poisons for those that would rather earn currency than do tradeskills. I think consumables would probably be the preferred option, but I'd personally also enjoy seeing an expensive reward that would take some work to purchase... doesn't need to be powerful... just something "fun".

Currently, buying out everything you need from the merchant can be achieved very quickly. It would be nice if they offered more so players had something to do with the thousands of extra, wasted currency they earn over the year. I dislike seeing the currency lose value so quickly
    Travestii, Vumad, Conq and 1 other person like this.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

What they need is a currency exchange system.

Staring 2 expansions back, you trade in a certain amount of that expansion's currency to get X amount of current currency. Increase the exchange rate the further back you go, so (for example) you would have to trade in say 1000x more currency from that older expansion than more recent expansions. Obviouly, I'm talking about group currency, not raid.
  12. dubblestack Elder

Or have something cool for a ton of the group currency and raid currency
  13. Greymantle Augur

So the only limit on how many 40 slot bags is how much 'real money' we are willing to spend. There are 40 slot bags availble , non lore in the marketplace.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummm the only 40 slot bags I see available on the website through a link in the marketplace have a lore tag ie the Everquest Celebration Pack and Bundle. At least on the website description there is the word (Lore) in brackets at the end.

www.everquest.com/packs

Are there other bags I missed that you are talking about?
  15. Qbert Gallifreyan

They often have a 40-slot tradeskill only bag there, but that's hardly going to satisfy the overall request.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I should disclose that through purchases of special editions of EQ Premium editions and drops I have all 40 slot bags if you include my 40 slot collector box and 40 slot TS item bag. So mission successul for DBG according to me at least (though I never bought Premium editions just for a bag they did help move the needle some).

And before you say I don't care because I have all the bags if you read my posts that is not my style :). I am just stating I understand why DBG does what they do.
  17. Greymantle Augur

Actually the one i saw is the tradeskill one.

https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=54726

Currently sells for 1000 station cash=$10.00 us atm.
    Considering i have over 50 of the player made 32 slots scattered over multiple toons this would be of considerable interest to me if it was not so expensive.
    I do have a good collection of the 40-40+ bags now. But i also have enough of the group coin in various versions to purchase multiple bags for one toon if allowed. For the current expansion i have all the type 5 augs i can use. And the bag, so at this point the currency has no value to me as there is no method to exchange it or more items to purchase.