FTP Mage vs. FTP Berserker

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Roguexx, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Roguexx Journeyman

Hey guys,

I am looking to make an additional FTP dps class. Has anyone done a comparison to know whether a level 115 Mage or a 115 Berserker with max AAs but ONLY Free to Play (I plan on maxing the AAs at 115 and then keep it FTP) is more dps?

I do not care about any other utility. I am only concerned with which is more dps. The group would generally be with a bard, cleric, and a tank with the other slots rotating (in other words, there is no guarantee that there will be specific synergy with other classes at any given time for either class). I would put full attention to the mage or berserker, so toggling, etc, is not a factor.

Logic would say casters are better as FTP since they are less aug/weapon dependent, but I am looking to see if someone knows for sure.

Thanks!
  2. Tucoh Augur

Both would be fine. It's largely a question of whether the prestige weapon / focus effects help the berserker or mage more. My guess is the mage would be less impacted, but the berserker would do fine.

I wouldn't pick based on that, but would pick based on what you wanted to play. I also think that once you invest enough into them to get maxish AA, you'll be motivated to keep them subscribed. I keep a f2p set of gear for my characters and it suuuuuuucks switching back to it and feeling weakened.
  3. JimBob Elder Lorekeeper

Probably a zerker. With a bard in group, the zerker will get more benefit. Additionally, a zerker will do more damage than a mage anyways if you are actually paying attention to it. Assuming you aren't going to be doing any sort of tanking, a zerker is probably the better way to go.