Foraging/Finding Polished Quartz

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Snowverlord, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Snowverlord New Member

This is absolutely insane! Going for my TS trophy for jewel craft - didn’t know about the “get your trophy at skill 50” hack that most people seem to know about... ouch. At any rate, I got one thing left to make - it involves polished quartz. 3 hours of foraging in Takish Hiz has yielded ONE polished quartz... from FOUR DIFFERENT TOONS! That’s essentially 12 hours of foraging for one bloody item, and I have to make two of the jewelry pieces.

Am I missing something? It’s an LDoN-era item. Why is it this hard to get?
  2. Zamiam Augur

um its not a hack .. its been this way sense they introduced the trophy quests and sense you can get free TS skill up to 54 in CR im guessing the trophy quests have been around sense SoF expansion ..

I feel they should allow you to reset your TS if you did make the mistake of lvling a tradeskill without the trophy though .. reset it back to 0 .. yes it means you would have to do the work again but would be alot easier unless your already at like skill lvl 320+ .. then its just like well do the work ..

just my 2cp worth ..

"Keep the change you filthy animal"
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I got plenty of these when getting TS stuff to max out smithing. At least 1 in each LDON I did.

Whats your forage skill at? I don't see the RNG being that bad unless your forage skill is really, really bad.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The more modern tradeskill Trophies & the associated quests were released with Prophecy of Ro.

The LDoN chests also have a chance to contain TS items so it is worth checking any of those that you find while you are in the zone.
    Zamiam likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Check the magus at that camp to see if anyone sold any to him, also check the baz. You can even put your self up in barter and offer to buy it at X amount.

I hear the raid version might be better: Takish-Hiz: The Palace grounds

Also like Skuz said - many are found in the chests and barrels.

The difficulty of the trophy is related to how high your tradeskill. Another wham bang from the game :D
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

As a side note I recall hearing the reason Baked Potato was among the more difficult to do tradeskill combines in Everquest was because it uses a rare foraged Rjuarkian Potato (From Rujarkian Hills LDoN instances) & Coarse Salt (foraged from DoN zones & its rarity there is due to the vast number of items on the forage tables of those zones).

Lots of the higher end combines use obscure or rare items so the highest level Trophy needing something very rare is not surprising at all.
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

When you go into the mission to forage, kill everything. I tended to get more of these (and most of the ldon forages) from kills than from foraging.
    RPoo, minimind, Svann2 and 4 others like this.
  8. Thunderkiks Augur

This, and dont forget the chests and barrels too.
    minimind, Zamiam and Coagagin like this.
  9. Ebine Augur

I had the same issue with that. My enc sat there for hours and got nothing. I finally got the raid instance that dropped that and took my druid which had a skill of 200 and then started to get them.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

what are your foraging skills at? my max ranger with aa's and 97 luck just foraged 2 in tens minutes although there pretty rare to drop from mobs just got one that way.

Andarriel
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

hmm maybe it wasn't from mobs as I just got one from a chest.

Andarriel
  12. svann Augur

Its technically against the rules to afk forage, but sometimes it seems like the game was designed around it. Maybe they should add that to overseer?
    Tatanka likes this.
  13. Perihelion Journeyman

Can anyone really verify that polished quartz can be foraged from an Adventure Merchant instance

(3 players)? All the forage tables I see listing polished quartz show it only on the (6 player) Raid instances.
  14. Strumph Augur

Yes they can be foraged in the group instances. That is where I foraged the ones I needed.
    Perihelion, Tygart and Yinla like this.
  15. Elyssanda Bardbrain

EQtraders has it in:
    • This item is Foraged:
      • Takish-Hiz: The Balancing Chamber
      • Takish-Hiz: The Fading Temple
      • Takish-Hiz: The Prismatic Corridors
      • Takish-Hiz: The River of Recollection
      • Takish-Hiz: The Royal Observatory
      • Takish-Hiz: The Sweeping Tides
    • This item is dropped from mobs:
      • Takish-Hiz: The Sweeping Tides
        • a sandy chest
    Coagagin likes this.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I used the raid instances when I was foraging these, forage rate wasn't too awful with a 85 Heroic Druid with a Foraging Machette, probably a lot better on a higher level forager with a decent amount of Luck stat too.
  17. KarmaKitty Augur

Hmm, something to keep an eye out for on vendors. Thanks for the hint.
    Tygart likes this.
  18. Aanuvane Augur

I farm the Takish-Hiz LDoNs with some regularity and have no recollection of ever seeing this drop from a mob. I have only seen it foraged and part of chest/barrel/vase loots. I also have never done a raid instance, only the group instances and I typically get at least one per clear (I have forage/auto inventory tied to movement keys while I make my way through the zone killing all spawns, also max forage but don't bother equipping my foraging machete).
    Perihelion likes this.
  19. Tygart Lorekeeper

Not sure if you have boxes or solo, but what I did was use an AE character like a wizard, mage, or druid (Preferred) and killed everything. Just foraging is going to make you crazy. Forage and AE everything in the instances. The Ldon tempers took quite a few massacres to get the TS combine mats. The polished quartz wasn't so bad for me, but good grief did I dislike farming PoNightmares.
    Perihelion likes this.
  20. Perihelion Journeyman

Good stuff...thanks all!