Fellowship XP Sharing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by MaxTheLion, Aug 21, 2018.

1. MaxTheLion Augur

TBS recently launched on Phinigel and introduced the Fellowship feature which in theory should allow members to share earned experience. I'm looking for any knowledge to an issue I'm currently dealing with:

Character 1 - Level 75 (95%) into level, AA's not capped (100% exp going to AA)
    Character 2 - Level 75 (95%) into level, AA's not capped (100% exp going to AA)

Character 1 is currently toggled to "Sharing" in the XP Sharing and seems to be fine.
    Character 2, however, gets toggled to "Capped" when I try to place it as Sharing.
    Neither character has any Vitality stored in their pool.
    I play Character 1 as my main and would like to earn Vitality on Character 2 while it's offline but can not due to the "Capped" status. Any idea why that is?
  2. eqgamer Augur

I want to say fellowship xp has been bugged for a long time. I use to be an avid user until I noticed the same thing you are seeing now (or not seeing...). It’s been a good couple of years since I’ve used it and maybe I just overlooked something. In the end, it’s only a short blast of xp. Few kills and it’s spent. The “missing” vitality, coupled with the “capped” issue led me no longer using as it just wasn’t worth the hassle of managing the toggles.
  3. Cleaver Augur

it bugs if you remove someone. Say Character 6 is capped and character 7 aint if you remove anyone above 7 it will make 7 capped because he will be 6 now. Go XP on the bugged toon it will reset it.

It also follows the level difference rules. If anyone whos sharing to character 7 is over 30 levels higher he will not get xp.
  4. Gialana Augur

I had a level 106 character with some AA vitality, but nowhere near capped that this happened to. I thought maybe it bugged because the character was at 0% in level 106, but it was probably what Cleaver explained because I had removed characters before I noticed this. A week or two ago, I took the character to FM and killed a few mobs until she was at 1%. She can again receive vitality.
  5. Lonestar Elder

I have always thought vitality was implemented wrong. It should be simplified so people understand it and it could actually be used. You should be able to dump your vitality into your fellowship and from that gain if turned on like tribute would slowly fill a characters personal vitality.
    This would ensure that the character has to be played and the experience is shared. So you have a fellowship pool that drains into a character pool that has to play or be logged on to pull into his personal pool. Maybe somehow make actual kills increase the rate at which the personal pool would fill to promote playing and not just a complete leech.

This would have to be disabled/modified for launch for those that just beat the drum to cap out and cry for more. I just really hate that this good idea of a fellowship is so hard to understand and rarely works for people wanting to use it.
  6. Cleaver Augur

Its actually really simple to use people just complicate things without understanding them.

anyone sharing will share xp with each other if you're on or not until capped. If someone is bugged and not getting fellowship xp its because you removed someone above them and it bugged the toon. Go xp on him and it will fix it after the next sharing update (about every 15m).
  7. MaxTheLion Augur

Thank you all for the replies. The "Capped" status has faded on its own and I can now toggle him to "Sharing". However, he now only gains Vitality for regular exp and nothing in AA. As stated earlier, both characters have 100% exp going towards AA so I'm not sure what the issue is now.
  8. Goodn Augur

There are two capped states (well, besides the buggy one from switching toons in a fellowship). One applies to the toon giving xp to the fellowship. To give xp (reg or aa), the toon needs to actually earn xp...so cannot be at level 110 at 100 percent for regular xp and cannot be at max holding aas (220 or greater for a 110 level toon). I think those above covered that.

The other capped state occurs on the receiving toon. There is a limit to how much vitality a toon can have (either regular or aa). Once a receiving toon hits the cap on vitality (either side), it will report as capped. Usually only have this happen if I ignore a toon for a long time on fellowship or when I raced on my mains to 110 from 105 in a week.

Without having messed with it a ton, it has seemed that the system likes it better when I do 90/10 (or 10/90) versus 100/0 (or 0/100). This may be due to a limitation in coding (let's face it, vitality is not EQ's finest code) where if it doesn't see xp flowing on both sides, it screws up. Or it could just be my biased observation.

In any event, if 100 percent aa isn't working well for you, try changing the breakdown and see if you cannot get more showing.
  9. Khaliss Augur

got another question. On a live server, if I have (2) level 65s in my fellowship with XP sharing turned on, with the intention of sharing xp to (3) level 60-62 recipients... the lower level toons won't actually receive shared XP cuz the level 65s are not at cap level yet (which is 110), correct?

second question... say I have (3) level 110s in my fellowship with XP sharing turned on... they really can't share XP to my low levels until they are at 100% into level-110 correct?

third question. At what level will my lowbie alts start receiving shared xp from my level-110 toons?
  10. Khaliss Augur

also, I think it's about time the Devs increase the fellowship size from 12 to 16! In the past, the size increment was always by 4, and it's been several years! Player's alts are only going to increase so this is a reasonable request =)
    bbanz likes this.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Fellowship XP is broken. As is Merc XP.
    No, it will not be fixed.
    End of story.
  12. Cadira Augur

I don't have a degree in fs xp but I have used it a lot and learned a pretty good amount about it.

1. I have never heard or noticed any indication of your sharing toons needing to be at the cap to share xp. If you turn them on sharing, their xp gets cut (in half?) And given to anyone else on sharing in 30 minute? Intervals. Do they get 100% of what was taken from you? Not completely sure, but it seems to be or at least really close. You do NOT want the lower level toons to have sharing turned on while they are actively getting xp or it just gets thrown into the void. (Not sure of the exact calculations but there is xp lost, maybe you already know this).

2. And 3. I am 90% sure you can start sharing xp the same time they can get regular xp while in group with your highest level toon. They ABSOLUTELY. Do not have to be max 110 as this woild defeat half of the purpose of fs xp (to level up friends and alts to a closer level to yours). Also, ive personally shared xp to lower level toons and it works just fine.

This is the half your level plus your level (max 30 level spread) standard calculation. So level 80 would be the minimum they should be able to receive shared from a 110.

Sorry if I misunderstood question 2 and 3, they seem to involve the same answer.
  13. Khaliss Augur

Gotcha... good tips, I'm gonna recheck the XP settings on each toon and see if it's indeed set right. Thanks Cadira! I will report back to what I observe in a week or two, so others would be able to reference this thread for any questions regarding Fellowship xp sharing
    Cadira likes this.
  14. Gialana Augur

I believe Cadira answered most of this, so I'll try to be brief.
    - You can turn on fellowship sharing at any level.
    - You must turn sharing on for the both the character(s) earning the normal experience and the character(s) you want to increase vitality for.
    - Both the character earning normal experience and the character increasing their vitality must be in an appropriate level spread where they would receive experience if they were in the same group. I believe the mob killed must be high enough level to give the higher level character experience.
    - The characters receive vitality, not experience. Once a character has vitality, they have to kill experience-giving mobs. The character's vitality will slowly be drained and will be added to the normal kill experience. So the effect of vitality is gaining experience at a faster rate than normal.
  15. Khaliss Augur

Hi Gialana, so both the high level (giver) & low level (taker) toons MUST have "XP sharing" turned on? I thought only the high-level toon needs it xp sharing enabled... thanks for making ths clear.
  16. Gialana Augur

Just remember to disable experience sharing on the character when you want to use their vitality to speed up leveling. I've been burned by that a couple times.
    Khaliss likes this.