Feature request: Fast Camp in Guild Hall

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Windance Augur

Easy to add and would be nice.
  2. Goodn Augur

You can fast camp in guild hall...the basic (non-neighborhood) one.

It is strange...you can fast camp in the neighborhoods (which would have been your first thought...no fast camping in instances). And of course, you can fast camp in the basic guild hall.

So...there doesn't seem to be an on-surface good reason not to fast camp in the purchased guild halls...maybe a Dev will answer your request.
  3. Lianeb Augur

It is a combat zone.
    Only non-combat zones allow for fast camping
    I am guessing it is a combat zone to allow placing and attacking combat dummies.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Koryu like this.
  4. Goodn Augur

...or have another player know more than either of us. Thanks for answering. Something new learned every day.
  5. Nniki Augur

Ticket on issue tracker was closed:
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-221

"Fast camp is tied to the ability to fight in a given zone. Since guild halls are combat zones, unfortunately this request isn't possible (at this time)." - Niente
  6. Axxius Augur

Checking 2 zone flags instead of 1 is too hard?

Enable fast camp IF the zone is non-combat OR the zone allows placing objects.

Come on, guys!
    Fanra likes this.
  7. Aurastrider Augur

While I agree this would be a nice feature I also don't want a repeat of disappearing neighborhoods, guilds, guild halls, anchor issues and all that other nonsense that occurred not to long ago. If they can actually make this work with good testing and little to no alteration to the current code I am in favor. If they have to dig in and change things only to open another can of worms this turns from a QOL improvement to a QOL disaster.
  8. niente Developer

There is an internal ticket to add this created in 2014. I asked about it in the past couple months, it's not something we are going to do in the recent future, but it doesn't mean "never."
    It's not that simple.
    Axxius likes this.
  9. Axxius Augur

Nothing is ever simple in EQ. :)
    But at least this is better that how the the issue [EQ-221] was closed.
  10. IblisTheMage Augur

It would work, but Bard speed would increase to 380, and all shoes in game would go *poof*.
  11. Derresh Augur

member when fast camp was implemented and it was possible to /ex in a fast camp zone to force a character rollback to the previous character save allowing mass duping for several months? ooo i member

hopefully the devs have since made it to where characters save when dropping items so they dont accidentally open that pandoras box again. :)
  12. Hellboy007 Augur

thats what she said.

what makes it not that simple then.

i think IT profession uses this phrase the most of all professions.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So I took the 3 minutes I would have saved by fast camping and logged into the forums (spending 2 of those minute on picking pictures to get past captcha) and posting this opinion. What would you do with that 3 minutes?;) Do you all really have that much of a difference between camp and fast camp?
  14. Windance Augur

It depends on how often you want to swap characters. When I'm doing tradeskills then yes that 30s can add up.

To me it does seem like a simple code change. Finding exactly where to make the code change may be a bit challenging. Finding out if there are any unintended side effects of the code change may require even more.

It does not hurt to ask and its nice to remind folks of some small "easy" mods that people would like to see.

Kind of like the changes that have been to clean up using / moving augs. Those code changes would have been a LOT more challenging to get right.
  15. Siny Augur

Both types of guild hall have their advantages and disadvantages.

The old one is the one layout with very limited options, but is fast to zone into and fast camp. Having said that, if you camp for more than a brief period, you invariably find your toon kicked to lobby.

The new one, you choose which layout and u have more options with it. Imaginations get to run riot decorating it with thousands of accumuted items. You also get to place the addiional portals for health, fm etc and place anchors. Given that guild members often have a number of alts, the number of anchors goes into hundreds. With all this accumulated crap, the zoning in time increases.

The old gh is still useful for things that are common to both, simply cause its quicker.

At the end of the night, I always zone out to lobby, not only cause of lack of fast camp but also because of the increased zone in time.

I swap toons a lot, so I tend to live in the lobby.

I also never place my anchor in gh for exacly the same reason. Wizzies and druids often do us the honors of porting to gh at the end of a raid. So I dont have any real reason for wanting to port directly there,

So a fast camp would be nice, but wouldnt make that much of a difference.