Feature request: Combined Trader and Buyer.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angahran, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Angahran Augur

It would be great to be able to set up one character with stuff to sell AND a list of stuff to buy.

That's it, real simple.
    cadres, Zamiam, Boze and 4 others like this.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I have always wondered why you need trader bags to sell but if your a buyer you can use your own bags always puzzles me and yes i agree combining the two would be nice.

Andarriel
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I'm just guessing here, but I would think that it has to do with how many items you can sell at once or buy at once being a limiting factor. The bags hold the items you are selling, so limiting it to 10 per bag means a max of 100 items/stacks of items. When you buy something though, it goes into regular inventory, so a special bag isn't needed to set any limit on the number of buy lines you can have at once.

Now, as for why there needs to be a limit to how many items you can buy or sell at once, that would be a coding issue related to character file size or something like that, I suppose.
  5. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

This has been asked before. I certainly would like to see it happen (as well as expanding the number of items that can be sold at once), but I don't think it is on the list of things that could happen. Unless, the recent time that they have spent working on improving performance would allow for it to happen. I do remember some arguing in a thread a while back that it is actually a good thing to require players to pay for two accounts to be able to do both at once. The reason probably being something about having to walk uphill to school through the snow both ways or something.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

I'd just like to get away from having to use Trader Satchels, but then that would be a monetary loss for them, as folks with multiple traders could use just a single account.
    Hayzeus likes this.
  7. Hayzeus Augur

I'm sure they'll get to it after they update the housing zones.

And yeah, the revenue drop from combining services that currently take multiple paid accounts into a new service that only requires ONE paid account means that you will never see this.

It would literally end up being a drop in revenue. Maybe not everyone would go that route, but it's inconceivable (say it with the Princess Bride lisp) that no one would combine traders into one paid account with this ability.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Angahran Augur

Can't you use free accounts to setup buyer/trader ?
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

No. It's subs only.
  10. Zunnoab Augur

Simple is probably hilariously off the mark here.

To put this in perspective: surpassing the ten slot bag limit took more work than the entirety of the mercenary system. It wouldn't surprise me if they would have to pretty much rewrite the entire bazaar/trader system altogether in order to make this happen, and at that point they may as well get rid of the concept of in-person traders at all. It's probably not ever going to be realistic, is my guess.
  11. cadres Augur

It's a fabulous idea - all my likes for the whole month to this idea!

Most folk don't want to sell or buy huge amounts of stuff - so there could be a limit of, say 10 buylines or whatever amount might make it easier to code if that's the issue on a 'combination' bazaar toon. The large scale sellers/buys could carry on as they are, but this would be a massive benefit for those of us who just sell spare stuff and need to buy occasional tradeskill/quest bits
  12. Visitor Augur

You have managed to loot 3 non lore items, and decide to test sell one of them, with trader bags only what is in the bags can be sold, so the spare you are holding for a friend, is safe outside, or that half stack of Trade goods in a bag is for sale, the full stack in a diff bag is safe. Yes there is the matter of having to be all access to be a buyer or seller, and this is a for profit game not a corporation handout. The "free" is to encourage people to stay playing, and pay for things.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So if your a seller you could sell to yourself as a buyer or the other way around. Lots of petitions would be flying there. Mistakes and all that...look at that cheap item! Gonna score that one...oh its mine lmao

As far as having to use trader bags well, they are the only bag another player can remove items from when it is in your possession. No one else can reach into your "dragon mohair nut sack" and take out your top of the line chase item.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

As a big bazaar'erer in the past (when Selo wasn't Fippy 2.0) I will say that some of these changes definitely impact the bottom line negatively for DBG. At it's peak on Selo I had maybe 3 or 4 traders. If you had access to those beautiful 40 slot bags then, perhaps they would sell more bags, but they would definitely lose more "pure trader" accounts. If you farm a lot, you simply do not have enough slots on a basic trader with the 10 slot bags.