Extended Ingenuity question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Boyboi, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Boyboi Elder

Quick question about the Extended Ingenuity AA (not sure exactly which classes have it but I know a lot of melees do).

Why does it affect some of my AA self-buffs and not others? I'm a monk and it works for i.e. Infusion of Thunder, Zan Fi's Whistle, and a couple others, but it does absolutely nothing for Focused Destructive Force or the Spires of the Sensei. I understand that it doesn't work for Combat Abilities, but as far as I'm aware FDF is not a combat ability.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there some rule as to how certain abilities are grouped that precludes Extended Ingenuity from affecting them? Thanks!
  2. Nniki Augur

3. Boyboi Elder

Gotcha, thanks. Is there any way to tell which ones are focusable and which aren't?
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

5. Sancus Augur

Look up the ability or discipline in raidloot and look to see if it says "Focusable: Yes" or "Focusable: No." Extendable buffs will also have a "+" next to their duration in raidloot (e.g. "60s+").

I don't know a way of knowing in game, other than simply using the ability and checking if its duration was modified.