Expoid: yes or no?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rongo, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Rongo New Member

Today I got aware of something in game, what I consider a potential exploid.
    Is there a way to ask the responsibles if something specific is allowed or not?
    If something feels too good to be intended, how should one proceed?
  2. Duder Augur

MasterMagnus likes this.
  3. Cicelee Augur

There is an old saying, If you cannot do the time, don't commit the crime.

As far as whether you should proceed or not with your knowledge, I refer to the saying to determine your answer.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

If it's too good to be intended, report using that link in the above response. You will not get a response if it's an exploit or if any action has been taken.

If you think it may be a form of the game, you could try PMing Dreamweaver to check it against the EULA.
  5. Rongo New Member

Thanks for the fast reply. I understand there is no way to ask if something is intended and can be used.
    I decided to report it using the provided link and stay save. Will wait if next patch shows a modification or not and decide afterwards, if I'll stay away also in future.
    Duder and MasterMagnus like this.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

Things don't necessarily get fixed within a month, and if its a pure exploit and not a mechanic change, there won't be any patch notes. If it's something you are still intending to do (even though it seems too good), then you can get an answer from Dreamweaver if it is considered against EULA, and could possibly result in action being taken against your account.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

As Soulbanshee said, I would go directly to Dreamweaver in a private message on the forums.

Omission or lack of response to your report will not mean it is permitted.