Evolving XP in Instances

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Guilrot, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Guilrot New Member

Is it possible to get a little clarity on this?
    I'm just hoping to get a yes you can or no you can't or something.. Will one be punished if they use an instance to get xp on an evolving item and flip instance for xp only. No loot is obtained in this way, just pure xp. Is it ok?
  2. svann Augur

nope!
    Pirlo likes this.
  3. Intenso Augur

Yes it is ok they put a request timer to limit how fast can flip it so they already thought about this
  4. feeltheburn Augur

was this not discussed already? why bring it up again? just sayin
  5. Guilrot New Member

Have a link? I'm looking for a Yes or a No from a Dev. The thread I quoted from was left without a defined answer on this subject and I just want to be sure none of my friends or myself get suspended or banned for something that wasn't made clear.
  6. Intenso Augur

wonder if maxing heroic dex and being immune to damage is intended but
  7. Horyuken Augur

You will have more luck maxing your heroic AGI, but with dex you might kill faster?
  8. Derka Power Ranger

Based off of the producer's letter someone quoted from 2014 I believe ngreth had to edit his post to say it was alright to flip missions for collectibles. Dervishes drop collectibles right?

Rulah said: ↑
    “So leaving a mission to reget it for XP is now consider an exploit / cheat. Good to know. Never knew this before.”

see next
    ““We want to move some of the Experience gains to the completion of a Heroic Adventure. Currently, the lion's share of the experience obtained from a Heroic Adventure comes from killing relatively easy NPCs and we'd rather it be from the more meaningful components of completing the task's objectives. It will still be possible to chain a particular Heroic Adventure to look for a rare or collection item so long as the task is dropped before completion, but that shouldn't also be the best way to get experience.””

I had forgotten about this statement. So I was incorrect. I corrected the aforementioned post in this thread.

My opinion differs, but my opinion doesn't matter.

^^^^^that post was before the thread locked
  9. Intenso Augur

with dex u can swarm all the cyclones and kill them in like 3min
    feeltheburn likes this.
  10. svann Augur

Wait, theres a threshold for Hdex where you are actually immune to their melee? Id heard something but assumed that was just a warrior ability. How much is needed for that?
  11. Fohpo Augur

Not immune to damage, but you have the ability to push mobs hit chance off the table with parries/dodges/ripostes (when attacked from the front*), I believe. Zak was streaming it in TT a while back and they were discussing it, but I don't remember the numbers and whether that threshold changes per class.
  12. Leigo You come here often?

Yeah i saw that and the one where he had said it included instances.. But an answer involving just killing mobs in an instance and not getting any rewards/loots, dropping and re-getting is exploit or against a rule that hasn't been made clear. Clarity is all I'm after, nothing more.
  13. svann Augur

I thought it was very clear. He thought it was an exploit but then realized he was mistaken.
    Yinla and Tarvas like this.
  14. svann Augur

Tried with 1907 Hdex and still getting hit too much to consider pulling everything. I could gain 152 more if I swap out 4 more augs. What class is Zak?
  15. Horyuken Augur

svann you need to be a monk or a monk.

edit; if you can handle the mid-numbing repressiveness that is killing TT dervishes you deserve to get your item upgraded. It is like camping VT shards 3X it is just the least fun you can possibly have in a video game period.
  16. Riou EQResource

Yea, it changes per class or in sets of class cause its based on the Avoidance skill value itself.

Off hand iirc you need to push any avoidance to ~118% to not take melee in TT (iirc, don't wanna re-math it :p)

For warriors it's best to dual wield because it has a parry mod and you need like 2050? or 2075 or something for TT.

Also the 2her Spec ability (war, pal, sk) has negative Parry so you need significantly more to compensate
  17. Allayna Augur

I'd say that's pretty clear. Simple fix would be to put the xp at the completion of the TT mission.
  18. Sancus Augur

While that would be ideal if it were possible, unfortunately evolving xp doesn't depend at all on the xp a mob gives. It's solely dependent on mob con. That's why the mole mission still works just as well as it used to, despite them moving most of the xp to the final hail.
    gotwar likes this.
  19. svann Augur

1. is that possible for a bard?
    2. looking at the avoidance stat it says thats based on Hagi, so why are people talking about Hdex?
    3. I dont see anything that tells me how much avoidance percent I have. How can I know how much Hdex or Hagi I would need (based on the assumed 118%)?
  20. Riou EQResource

Yea
    It's your actual avoidance, use the formula Dzarn gave for the avoidances, for Parry:

Chance = (((SKILL + 100) + [((SKILL+100) * SPA(175).Base1) / 100]) / 45) + (hDex / 25)

Dodge is same but uses the dodge spa instead of parry one, block is / 25 instead of 45, riposte is / 50 instead of 45

You need this value (or Dodge if caster, or Block if monk/bst), Dex is best because it gives riposte which feeds into doing more DPS to kill faster

I think for Casters they need the most in the 2400 hAgi range, with tribute in in TBL it is possibly doable (think highest you can push a single heroic is like 2300-2350ish pre tribute and you can get something like +75-100 in tribute)