Erollisi Day Collections

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lighteningrod, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Lighteningrod Augur

What is the spawn time on these items?
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

lol you mean for the exact same loc? It dont work that way, their is like 2000 spawn points in the zone and around maybe 5-10 items up at one time. Just like collections.
  3. Lighteningrod Augur

lol ... It's just like a collection because it is a collection ... lol

lololololololol ... /sigh
  4. Lily Augur

Instant. Just not (necessarily) in the same place.
  5. Augur Developer

The question's already been mostly answered, but since these holiday Collections function a little differently from normal Collections, I figured I'd jump in to add a little clarity.
    • Because it's a limited-time event, The Erollisi Day Collections have more active spawns than usual (15 up at a time, max)
    • For the same reason, they respawn a little faster than usual (between 30-60 seconds)
    As always, let us know what you think of the placement of the spawn points, so we can continue making improvements going forward.
    Happy hunting!
    Edrick and Feradach like this.
  6. Edrick Augur

Are you free after work, Augur? Perhaps you'd be willing to show me how to bake those delicious muffins.
    Augur likes this.
  7. Sasrayk Journeyman

Augur, I do not own Reign of Fear or CoTF yet..I am wondering if this means I cannot complete the 2 collections for the Erollisi events? I can accomplish the 2 quests and I even found the ground spawns, but seems I cannot do collection things. I understand it may not make a difference, just throwing out info..I have 2 gold accounts and 2 FTP, and neither can seem to do the collection things. Is it simply because I do not own Reign of Fear? Would it be possible to make it achievable for all players since its a 'holiday/seasonal fun event'? thanks for listening. --Sasrayk
  8. Chartrusejello Journeyman

You are correct. Without RoF you cannot complete any of the "collection" achievements.
  9. Augur Developer

Chartrusejello is correct. Currently, the Collections feature is tied to the ROF expansion (which you get if you buy the most recent expansion). That means you cannot complete any Collection without owning that expansion.

We've talked about possibly disconnecting holiday Collections from that restriction, but have no firm plans to do so at the moment. We'll need to do some digging to uncover technical hurdles, among other challenges.

I'll bring up the possibility at our next design meeting. Although, it's very unlikely that any changes would take effect before this year's Erollisi event is over.
  10. Sasrayk Journeyman

I understand. I would not expect anything to make it by this event (as its almost over). The rewards are just fun and nice to do the holiday quest. By next years Erollisi Day..the next expansion would be out and my understanding RoF would be added to the FTP availability, so collections would no longer be an issue. I will wait to complete it next year :) Besides..my anticipation and general vibe about the next expansion makes me feel I will be buying it as I have purchased almost every one so far. Anyways thank you kindly for reading and responding Augur. Feedback from the Devs like this really does help.

- Sas
    Augur likes this.
  11. Augur Developer

To follow up on this, we're currently happy with the state of Collections being tied to the Rain of Fear expansion. We don't plan to change that system to make an exception for Holiday events.

There is still a ton of holiday content that can be done even if you decide to not purchase the expansion, though. And ROF will, of course, cycle into the free content as new expansions are released :)

Thanks for the suggestion and feedback, Sas!
    Oxgoad and Cxaxukluth like this.