End the Month with Double XP!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

[IMG]

Well, Norrathians, it has been quite a month, both in and out of game, and we honor your steadfast commitment to your adventures. To end the month strong, this weekend will be a Double Experience Weekend for all players!

From 12:00PM PST (Noon) on Friday, January 29, 2016 through 12:00PM PST (Noon) on Monday, February 1, 2016, all servers (yes, including Ragefire, Lockjaw, and Phinigel) will have double experience!

Take some time and end January stronger than ever! We’ll see you in Norrath.

*Convert to your local time.
    Felicite and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  2. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Awesome! Thanks for sharing the news Dexella and thanks Holly & team for letting us catch up on XP for those who need it like myself.
  3. Ancient Alien New Member

double exp or 1.5 exp , did we all get the same memo this time?)
    Your_Ad_Here, Ducreux and Drexll like this.
  4. Lumiens Augur

How do exp pots work with this exactly? Do I get 25% more exp on top of the double exp bonus so effectively making the exp pot double what it normally is?
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Exp = 100% + 100% from double exp + 25% pot = 225%
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Polleiden New Member

As always, exp bonuses are cumulative, not multiplicative. So with your 25% exp potion, this weekend you will get 100% (base xp) + 100% (double exp modifier) + 25% (your potion) = 225% exp.

So if you normally kill a mob without any exp modifiers that gives you 1 AA, with your example it will now give you 2.25 AA.
  7. TarewMarrForever Augur

Is it up yet? Nothing in alert history, no 2x icon...18 mins after... ;-)
  8. Roshen Brand Manager

It was pushed live at noon (but because of reasons, this may take more minutes on some servers to start than others).

Because the team is doing this manually, it's unlikely that you'll see a "2X" icon in your alerts.

If you're NOT seeing Double XP on your server, make sure you mention your server name when reporting any issues.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can you turn double exp off on AB, server is now having a hissy fit.

Was working perfectly until you turned it on!
  10. fortuneteller Augur

Do you have some bug in your script for double xp ?

I mean, very often whne you activate it, it results in laggy server, at least it does for AB server.
  11. Polleiden New Member

Drinal is lagged to hell as well.
  12. Ducreux Augur

It's affecting all the servers including login.
  13. Dharken Elder

"We screwed up all month long on updates, Lets make sure to give them double XP for the end of the month."
    -You sure? We had some serious issues with Double EXP recently. We havent gotten a real fix in place.
    "Haha! Wing it! Boom! Its on. Lets see how it goes!"
    --Sir, The servers are all unstable. Players are about to riot! Something must be done!
    "Well, Its Friday! See yall on Monday!"
  14. Rhodz Augur

Heh that just sounds so likely, cynical but likely.
  15. Flicker New Member

Still not up on Lockjaw.
  16. Silv Augur

You forgot:

"In order to make up for the lag created by giving double XP to make up for all of the bugs the past month we're enabling double XP for all of February!"

/incoming month of server instability
  17. Neodraykl Elder

Someone forgot to enable windows clocks to set time automatically.
    Some servers are going by coffee pot time, and others are kinda on microwave time.
  18. Gnomercy New Member

Are devs going to confirm when servers are getting x2 xp correctly? I've been hunting in BW on Lockjaw and still getting the same xp I have been for the past few days.
  19. Roshen Brand Manager

Double XP looks like it's been working correctly on the Lockjaw server since this went live.
    PrathunEQ likes this.
  20. Kansan Cloudkicker Elder

I am pretty sure some of these people would complain about the water being too cold as they die of thirst...
    Viltaire and Geroblue like this.