Drake-spike drop rate

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilyothe, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Lilyothe New Member

After all these years you would think that devs would improve the drop rate for this tradeskill item. There are well over 100 recipes that require this component. In order to get to 350 skill, you have to know them all. This is an incredibly bad time sink. Yes, there is a small work around by doing the Field of Scale raids and kill the dragons for a possible 43% drop rate at most; but why can't you improve the other drop rates and/or add more places they drop? (there are a few other dragons that drop them with much lower drop rates as well.) I have a better chance and higher chance to get Fine Feathers than I do Drake-spikes. This either needs to be moved to a vendor purchased item or it needs to have the drop rate drastically increased.:mad:
  2. Duder Augur

Are you on TLP? I ask because of your reference to Field of Scale raids. They drop very commonly from those 5 dragons who are easily solo-able by way lower than max lvl toons with crap gear and no aa.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, just kill the dragons to loot the fins and wing bones, and then convert them to the drake versions. The mobs around don't assist and the dragons die super fast. You don't have to do any raids...just kill the mobs. You should only need to kill them a couple of times to get what you need.
    Duder and Aanuvane like this.
  4. svann Augur

well maybe say several times.
  5. Aanuvane Augur

To be clear - you can just kill the Field of Scale Dragons that are in the open zone. No raid required and they aren't that tough as Duder mentioned. They respawn pretty quickly.

Additionally, the Relic Dragons drop them too. Although the Relic Dragons have a several day respawn time. They also drop nest dragon meat which is needed to max baking.
    Greymantle and Duder like this.