Double Rares

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tiggold, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Tiggold Augur

Absolute BS. Seven hours at one camp for one spawn and 11 hours at another spot and zero spawns.
  2. Addikeys Elder

That's no fun. However, that hasn't been my experience with the increased spawn rates. If you hadn't already, I suggest camping numerous nameds at once if possible.
    Pirlo likes this.
  3. Zamiam Augur

4. snailish Augur

Double a 2% chance is still sadism.

Targets vary, as should expectations.

{not saying "rare spawn event" couldn't be made a better multiplier...}
  5. Vanrau Augur

Ya a 1% spawn chance spawn of a rare on a table of 5 or 6 other NPC's that have a much higher spawn chance is just increasing that chance to 2%. It all boils down to the RNG.
  6. haaaalp Augur

Great, ANOTHER one of these threads. Can I have your gear? Ragequit incoming. Go play WoW if you want everything handed to you.
  7. Daivid Lorekeeper

7 days in SG waiting for Ailing walrus, I gave up, started toon.
  8. OrchardField Journeyman

Devs posted that mobs that are solely in game for quests are not bounced. That may include this
  9. p2aa Augur

The double rare bonus is working. You are just very unlucky on it. Also if you kill only 1 ph of 3 for example, you will have a reduced chance to spawn your named.
  10. NeverPayForLag Augur

The problem is that the rares have a complete different probability of spawning - depending also on expansion. Some rares are spawning very regularly e.g. HoT rares. Some are so rare that even with a double rare spawn you can kill them for ages - the Hunter is nice to do in higher levels but the smaller ones are still on "old classic world rarity" and that can sometimes suck a lot :(
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I just think old world eq hunters are just stupid rare. although I did SG never saw ailing isn't that mob for a epic or something? I did get dunedigger while back in nro though. although the erg bluntbruiser or whatever his name is sro gave me more problems to spawn.

Andarriel
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

On my ranger in twilight sea ive killed over 5k elementals and have yet to see Aero talk about bad luck :(

Andarriel
  13. Tiggold Augur

Coward.
  14. OrchardField Journeyman

oops spell check screwed me, they are not "doubled" if quest only mobs (not "bounced)
  15. Cannikin Elder

Since this started I have had 10 out of 12 gribbles spawn named. I also did Lceanium and SW hunter so far. No named took more than 5 spawn cycles to pop, and most within 3. One named popped on the first PH, and by the time I killed it, the 3rd PH of the same spawn cycle popped as the same named again.

It's working fine.
  16. Israfel Elder

These are my favorite posts.
  17. Dropfast Augur

Also keep in mind that rares can also get bugged out. It's rare but it still happens to this day. It's been happening forever. I'm not saying that's it, but it is a possibility. I've seen place holders get bugged out and won't re-spawn ever. I've seen PH's skip a re-spawn cycle, but then pop the next round. I've also killed HUNDREDS of a single rares PH's over the course of weeks before and it just wouldn't spawn. It's weird.

A zone re-pop or server down does the trick. Always best to hunt rares upon server-ups, they just seem to work better then.

Double rares is defiantly working atm. It's pretty easy to see but as others mentioned, some rares just have abysmal spawn rates. Doubling 2% is still only 4%. Stay vigilant! or come back after next patch / server-up :cool:
  18. haaaalp Augur

I'm not the one who comes onto the forums and constantly complains. Go troll in WoW
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Which ones? The ones that say it's working, or the ones that say it's not?
  20. Israfel Elder

The OPs.

No matter how many years go by, there are still people that don't grasp how statistics work.