Darkpaw Games groups up for Extra Life!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Oct 8, 2020.

1. dreamweaver Community Manager

Here at Darkpaw Games, we pride ourselves on serving our dedicated community, and we’re constantly being humbled by your love and dedication to Norrath and our games. So we’re really excited to share that starting today, DPG will be launching our inaugural Extra Life Team to help give back to those in our community in greatest need.

Starting today, the Darkpaw Games Extra Life Team is working towards a goal of raising $10,000 for Rady Children’s Hospital, our local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital in San Diego. The studio is donating an initial $5,000 to kick off our fundraising drive, and we hope you’ll consider joining or supporting our team so we can hit our goal together!

Why Extra Life?

Extra Life is a charitable organization that unites thousands of gamers around the world to play games in support of their local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital. Since its inception in 2008, Extra Life has raised more than $70 million for sick and injured kids. By fundraising for Rady Children’s Hospital in San Diego, our team is helping to support a local hospital that treats thousands of children each year, regardless of their illness, injury, or even their family’s ability to pay. And as the COVID-19 pandemic places new stresses on hospitals around the world, Extra Life helps ensure that the 170 Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals around North America have the resources they need to care for the most vulnerable kids.

How can I help?

Join our team! Throughout the next month as we lead-in to Extra Life’s National Game Day on Saturday, November 7, the Darkpaw Games Extra Life Team will be fundraising together to help us meet our goal of $10,000.

It’s a minimal commitment to join the team – you simply promise to play games (any games!) for a total of 24 hours over the next month (something all of us will do anyway). You’re welcome to join our team and play for your own local hospital, or if you can’t spare the time to participate, help by donating or sharing the news. Every little bit helps the same great cause! To help us reach our goal, you can join the team or make a donation to our official Extra Life team here.

If you were referred to donate by a specific Darkpaw Games Extra Life team member (employee or otherwise), you can select their name while donating – otherwise, you can select the generic “Darkpaw Games” team member. The EverQuest and EverQuest 2 communities have always been incredibly supportive of our efforts, and we hope you’ll consider joining, donating, or sharing the news so we can work together to make an impact!

For more information about our Extra Life fundraising efforts, check out our official team page here.
    Fallfyres, FubarEQ, Jhenna_BB and 7 others like this.
  2. dreamweaver Community Manager

Hey there Team Darkpaw, if you've signed up and you'd like me to link to your donation page send me a DM so I can put the link on this post! Also don't forget if you'd like your name to reflect your character in game you can change that on your Extra Life page!
  3. dreamweaver Community Manager

4. dreamweaver Community Manager

Hey Norrathians,

I wanted to share a quick update on Team Darkpaw! So far we've raised $4,333.93 for Extra Life and have 90 team members! You are all so awesome! Check the post above this one for linked players if you'd like to donate to someone specific on the team or click the link below to join us!

TEAM DARKPAW ROLL OUT!