CoV named and drops

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cven, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Cven Journeyman

Imagine being in a real nonbox group farming for the Feline aug in CS. I spent 7 hours there and saw 8 named. Of those named 1 aug dropped. Six people are expected to sit there for 7 hours for 1 person to get an item everyone should be after.
    Duder likes this.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I had four drop in a row. What's your point?
  3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

It's just yet another person rage-creating account so they can be publicly grouchy about Everquest's RNG.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  4. Cven Journeyman

Got the sunday edgy crew on today.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Sorry for your bad luck. I hope it improves.

Posting you want the game to be easier for you is so 1999. Come back when your attitude has adjusted for 2021.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

Only new people seem to have problems in the game. Darkpaw must be making a mint based on the number of new players on the forums.
    Tatanka and Duder like this.
  7. roth Augur

Two boxing Adroitness augs from the anniversary mission, Ranger+Berserker+2 cleric mercs, I saw 7 Brilliance augs before I saw one Adroitness. It happens. Learn to deal with life’s little disappointments and things will be far better for you.
    nitrocutter likes this.
  8. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

And I had the exact opposite happen to me... I had to farm the thing for the longest time to get two brilliance augs... meanwhile the adroitness one was basically rotting or going to random people online.
  9. feeltheburn Augur

RNG.....non drops happen.....since 1999....
  10. Tappin Augur

Here we go again with rage inspired nonsense without any logic behind it. Instead telling someone that they have been cursed by a leprechaun with bad luck, maybe suggest that some of the augs are intended to be rare, because there are other avenues they can peruse to get similar items. Seems to be a better explanation than simply attacking someone.
    Duder likes this.
  11. Duder Augur

Who are you and what have you done with Tappin?
  12. Flatchy Court Jester

I have been after that aug for a long time. When a certain boxer is not there trying to get the aug for his casters I give it a go. Usually 3 hours at a time. Am lucky to see one named. Not seen the aug drop yet. Then there are mobs like Ole grinnin Finley and the siren aug dropper that seem to pop like crazy. RNG is a fickle mistress.
  13. Evurkvest Augur

Some augs are a bit rarer than we got use to in previous expansions. There is three augs that are about 10% and dont drop in CoV missions.
  14. Baradorn Lorekeeper

Pastletlith was the annoying one for me. I got the Feline aug after 4 named, and the Pastletlith aug after 20 named...As you can see the "about 10 %" drop rate coming from magelo was false in both cases for me
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Small sample sizes are worthless. You can't really reach a conclusion.

However.... if they were both listed as "about 10%".... you got two augs in 24 tries... so 1/12 ~= 8%. Not really that far off, at all.
  16. Metanis Bad Company

The OP is absolutely correct. As has been discussed numerous times here, the management of Darkpaw has substituted a greatly reduced drop rate in place of content. The only exception I've found to this expansion-wide rule is the Unclutched Pearls collection set. For that one set they have every siren at the bottom of the water column drop one. How much you want to bet that was a mistake?
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Camping and chase drops (rare-very drops) has existed since Vanilla EQ. Remember camping Fishbone Earring, Shiny Brass Shield, Shiny Brass Idol, Lupine Dagger, Elder Spiritist's Bracer, Cobalt Bracer, Iksar Hide Mask, Mask of Obtenebration, or Shrunken Goblin Earring? Some old school camps are terrible: Pearl Kedge Totem and Pegasus Feathered Cloak. It is standard in nearly all MMORPGs across eras.

What is this phenomenon by expecting all items in the game to be on merchants for coin? I see the same complaints on EQ2 because everything became coin available in like 2014. Also, a bunch of WoW players in the last five years have made a big hooplah about camping as time sinks - likely trickling down through the discourse.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

the RNG can be a cruel mistress.
  19. KrakenReality Augur

This is the Achilles heel of EQ’s design around a “social” game. It’s more time efficient and easier to box the content and claim the rewards for yourself than to add anyone else. It’s something that this development team will never solve.
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It might actually be their distinguishing strength. Few games are uniquely positioned to allow effective boxing. EQ has found a niche in boxers who pay for 3-6+ All Access accounts. While WoW has banned boxing, EQ positioned to absorb those types of customers (and their revenue).