Conflagration Generals

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Maedhros, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Maedhros High King

Raid is just about unplayable with the lag. Bosses ghosting all over, good moves turning into fails. Its a really fun raid and it frustrates me that we are just going to have to put this one on the "do not bother" list while this lag continues.
    gotwar and Sancus like this.
  2. Lianeb Augur

With the new chat windows
    Set "highlight new messages" to off for your spam tab/windows
    You need to set this for the window and the tab for any of your spam tabs

It seems like the server evaluating all that text is lagging people out.....worked for most our folks but not all of them.
    Yimin, kizant and Maedhros like this.
  3. gotwar Gotcharms

We have this problem as well (on FV) and it's awful.

I've complained about it a couple times. No idea if it will get a fix, but drawing more attention to it probably increases the likelihood of getting one.

My suggestion was to simply increase the trigger timer by 1-2 ticks for the Generals move. Gives "laggy" servers a larger buffer without taking away from the difficulty of the raid much.

Of course, the preferred solution would be to just fix all the server-side raid lag but....

:cool:
    Gyurika Godofwar, Maedhros and Ssdar like this.
  4. kizant Augur

I think Lianb is on to something. I didn't turn that off yet but I have had to move more of my spell/melee messages to my minimized window to improve things.

What I see is very obvious client side lag where the frame rate drops very low and everything is choppy. But it only happens once I move within range of the attack and casting messages. Turning off the log didn't help. Then I noticed if I sent everything to my minimized window I could still keep all filters set to show and it actually ran pretty well. A little laggy but not too bad. So, I just moved the important messages back to my other windows until the lag became too much again. In the end I'm losing half of what I used to see with no problem. I'll turn off that highlight open and see if it helps. Maybe my minimized window had that off and I didn't realize it or they checked for minimized, etc.
  5. Deillusional Augur

I agree with Kizant and Lianb definitely there is some lag in the new tab windows, i pretty much send everything to a minimised window now (Apart from chat/gu/emotes), and not use the tabs.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Horyuken Augur

Can you make an option that logs to the txt file but won't display on the client. IE only chat channels, tells, and say are displayed in the client. Most people only log the other data for a parse and lets be honest no one is able to read that text at the rate it fly's by, why even have the client display it?
    Elyssanda and svann like this.