Change to offline trader, or server resetting?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The last two days, I've logged in to Tunare, and not had to wait while it logged off my online trader from the previous night. I haven't seen anything about Tunare rebooting, so was curious if they removed the 1-2 minute wait while removing offline traders.
  2. Thrillho Augur

Have you been on beta on the same account? It will boot you from whichever Live server you're on, even if it's an offline trader (apparently, I haven't tested it myself).
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Tunare was taken down early Monday morning for some reason. All NPC merchants were empty and only 20 some folks online when I logged in - showed /up of about an hour.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

No Beta for me, so that's not it.

Per CatsPaw, sounds like they have been bouncing the server, so that's the likely answer. Didn't know about the /up command, so now I know how to check it myself :)
  5. Gialana Augur

The same happens for me. Since the last patch, I no longer get the confirmation box that asks if I want to remove my offline trader. I did check on another account that my trader was still logged in.
    Andarriel likes this.
  6. Chatoyan Elder

I usually haven't seen the message while logging in since the patch, but I did see it once. No idea why it wouldn't be consistent, one way or the other.
  7. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

I believe characters are getting booted now as soon as you hit server select rather than when you select a server to join. this started happening when they implemented the changes to make it so you couldn't have a toon on beta and on live at the same time.

checking with a different account, my offline trader(s) are there, even though i'm not getting the message.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Noticed that too and I love it able to load up to game faster. I logged in one account and thought maybe I got d/c somehow even though I did offline trader when I logged. so i looked up my buyer who was still offline trader. no message when I logged on that account and loaded up very fast for me.

Andarriel
    Tatanka likes this.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, just logged in, and it gave me the dialog box about having to log out a character.

What's up with this crazy game?
  10. Metanis Bad Company

I think what happened is there was some sort of exploit going on and they had to implement an emergency code change which only allowed a single session per account. This then caused all the issues with invalid sessions. Meanwhile, some poor coder somewhere behind the scenes was tasked with fixing the login sequence BACK to where it worked while still only allowing a single session per account.