Blazing Euphoria Protecting Fire

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Windance Augur

Effect says "gives a second 7% chance to resist fire spells"

Does this give you a 7% chance to block the really nasty 180k AE's from stuff like FF raid ?

Will it work on stuff that is normally un-resistible ?
  2. Cadira Augur

It probably works the same way the last rank of Don progression does. Which is virtually any spell. Should work against stuff like ff raid. Hard to test something like this I imagine. That's why I went with the mitigation one instead (can't remember if you can have both?) That way if I get hit with a fire nuke or dot which I will most of the time anyways, it at least mitigates it.
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I believe the answer to your last question is no. An extra chance to resist something unresistible … is still unresistible.

The lore group for protecting x is the same as casting x. The warding x ones share the same lore group with the healing boost one.
  4. Wulfhere Augur

The answer might be yes because these focus effects don't increase resist chance. They grant a chance to block the next spell of the matching type which should overlook resist check. Can anyone confirm?

Slot 1: Block Next Matching Spell (7% Chance)
    Slot 2: Limit Resist: Fire
    Slot 3: Limit Type: Detrimental
  5. smash Augur

But are there a lot of spells that pure fire ? so will it actually be effective of chance for block ?
  6. Sancus Augur

[45445] Stinging Ash
    Target: Caster PB
    AE Range: 60'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 12s (2 ticks), Dispelable: No
    1: Decrease Current HP by 161212 per tick
    2: Blind
    3: Decrease Current HP by 181212

Unresistable is a distinct resist. Even though they look/sound like fire spells, pretty much every spell in Fight Fire (and most spells in TBL raids in general) is of the unresistable resist, and therefore not affected. It would work on a Fire -1000 spell. Same deal with the mitigation one; it won't do anything for these spells.
    Brohg likes this.
  7. Wulfhere Augur

Thanks Sancus. Those augs are relegated to group content and older raid content then (and pvp). So not tempting.

Add Unresistable to each aug to make them worthwhile towards the content it's current with. Something like this and maybe with a lower resist chance if 7% is deemed too powerful:

Slot 1: Block Next Matching Spell (7% Chance)
    Slot 3: Limit Type: Detrimental
    Slot 4: Block Next Matching Spell (3% Chance)
    Slot 5: Limit Resist: Unresistable
    Slot 6: Limit Type: Detrimental

Do similar for the Warding (spell mitigation) augs too.
    Sancus likes this.