Beta for the next expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dewey, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Dewey Augur

So I've been away for a long time and have only been back for about 7 months.

I know that the next expansion should be out in Oct/Nov time frame? However; I see no announcements of what it is and no information on how to sign up for beta.

I am curious on how one signs up for beta for this next expansion and when might it start?

Thanks
  2. Verily Tjark Augur

Pre-ordering the expac gets you access to beta these days
  3. IblisTheMage Augur

Last year it came out a little later, could have been due to level increase (supposedly significantly more work)
  4. Riou EQResource

Probably be around September before its announced, then beta ~1 month or so before launch
  5. Muji Augur

4 weeks is never enough to test the whole expansion. Needs more like 6-8 weeks of beta even if its just testing skills and spells for first couple of weeks. If they release in Dec again then beta will prob be sometime in October.
  6. kookoo Augur

I am wondering if DB listening to the feedback o_O they were told that the dot damage was too high for shm , druid , chanter and they did nothing until half way into the expansion.....

,,,give candy at 1st to raise sales , then nerfs later.
  7. ~Mills~ Augur

Its the same story every year. Beta will be to short or they will open it with what seems to be enough time and then nothing spell or AA related will happen for a month and then last minute everything will be rushed and valid concerns or feedback will go ignored.

Rather than learning from their mistakes and opening beta say in September even if the actual expansion isn't ready just so Aristo and Dzarn have a month to focus on nothing but spells and AA before then handling their other beta duties that come from Oct-expansion launch.
  8. Thraine Augur

all this sounds far to logical. This doesn't sound like my daybreak! lol
  9. Warpeace Augur

They meant Alpha testing the expansion.