Best way to return to live?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Macqt, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Macqt New Member

Haven't played live since HoT, haven't raided live since PoP, looking to change that up at least on the grouping/casual level. Where would I be best to find and make new friends, get group content clear, and maybe casually raid with a 2 box team?
  2. Heajol Augur

Do you have any old friends on one of the Live servers? A lot of veteran players are still around from back in the day. If you do, just start playing on whatever server they're on. I think most servers have casual guilds that raid occasionally and/or open raid events for their server.
  3. Macqt New Member

I do not, I'd be coming in fresh basically.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Best way is to find other people interested in leveling and try to find common times to log on and level, while also making a 2 or 3 character box team that can level independently.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If your European go for the AB server and look up Jesters of Norrath. US I'd go for either Xegony or Bristlebane they appear to be the busiest of the other servers.

If you still have your old chars jumping back into HoT shouldn't be too much of a problem, if not you could go heroic and again start in HoT, or you could level a new char from scrat. Either way I would suggest starting a new char and going through the tutorial zone and maybe the tutorial quests in Plane of Knowledge just to get you back up to speed and learn some of the new things that have been introduced since you left.

HoT content should be doable with just you and a merc if you don't want to box, but there some casual guilds that do group content from, ask around.

Good luck finding your new home and welcome back.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Zamiam Augur

To make life easier always 2 box. If you find a nice casual guild or a group of friends later on great then you only have to play the 1 toon, but on the off chance you dont or you just want to play with yourself for awhile then at least you got that 2nd toon that you have been lvling up also .. 2 toons and 2 mercs can do an awful lot of group game stuff ..

if your starting from scratch then ya start brand new toons and work your way up the lvl ladder starting in the tutorial as Yinla mentions above also the newbie quests in PoK .. if you got the dough and or have some Heroics you have access to then play them and poke around in HoT area just till you get the hang of things .. HoT quests and Ferrott have the heroic aug quests so those would be nice..

also Xegony and bristle are the heavily populated servers so those are your best chance for casual guilds and lots of peeps to choose from .

Bertox and a few other servers are mid lvl populated so those are options ..

AB id stay away from .. I hear they crash all the time and they are Botter heavy .. sorry AB :(

other than that just have fun and enjoy .. Welcome back to EQ .. :p
  7. bortage spammin lifetaps

to just add to the post above mine, if you don't really want to deal with boxing just box a bard, with just autofollow and a /melody hotkey you can get bard buffs, another merc, 5 minute selos later on and someone to pick locks for the zero locked doors you will encounter

I don't know about other servers but bored 115s on bristlebane will sometimes shower lowbies with gear if they see you

edit: just re-read the op, looks like you're already set on 2boxing, I recommend you pick a duo that doesn't rely on merc tanks (so plate tank or pet class)
  8. jeskola pheerie

Take the 5 south to the 215 and exit Camino Del Norte. Make a right at Plane of Knowledge. Keep going straight past the industrial zone, past the Dead Server Junkyard and Bot Manufacturing Plant. Hang a left at the Commons tunnel. As you approach Live, ignore the tens of protestors with megaphones out front, most of them are from TLP.
    Celephane likes this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

AB crashes less than other servers these day and they seem to have cleared up the lag it suffered from a couple of years back.

As for the botters, I've been hearing other servers are suffereing the same thing, AB is just more vocal. LOL
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Cydonia Elder

I play on AB. Never noticed any crashing. As for lots of bots, pretty sure that’s just how the game is nowadays. If you live in Europe AB is pretty much the best choice you’ve got if you play at regular times.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

1. Pick a server:
    The old server you used to play on or wherever it merged to, as you might still have some old friends there.
    If you are a Euro Time-zone player then Antonious Bayle
    If you are USA then Xegony, Bristlebane or Firiona Vie (read up on the special ruleset of FV if you don't know it well).

2. Play through the tutorial:
    This will re-familiarise you with the basics, do read the pop-up boxes, tons of info in them.

3. Join a Guild

4. 2 or even 3 box your way through the game
    At least until you get within XP range of the majority of the server, the "Hero's Journey" achievement system driven path will be a good guide & has lots of gear rewards that will make the process of catching up easier (type /ach).
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Megazen Elder

FV server, by a mile. Faster experience, can multibox on one PC, everything can be traded, tons of people around, pretty good community.
    Marton likes this.
  13. Zamiam Augur

never said other servers didn't have botters just that AB has more than the other servers .. jmho but from most the botter posts AB is the most vocal of the live servers ..

yes other servers have bot groups .. :p
  14. Chopin.Xegony Augur

By casual raiding what are you expecting in your mind?
  15. Marton Augur

FV would be my choice if I was starting over.
  16. Kloodge Elder

I would definitely suggest the FV server. Lots of people and the free trade makes it a lot easier to get gear.

I tried many times to come back to live while molo'ing and it was always fun...until about level 80 or so. Then it really bogs down and I'd quit. I finally made it over that hump by getting a friend to play. We're 113 now and still going strong. My point is, bring a friend, box or join a leveling guild. It gets really slow and monotonous to molo once your merc tank can't solo everything for you.