AOC to ALL servers ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sippycup, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Sippycup The Holy Grail of Aradune

Agent of Change would really be a welcomed add on to all servers. On regular non progression servers the old world content is just plain out abused by a small few who camp Raid mobs with a 3 - 5 day spawn. For whatever reason, either spite or perma farming, its frustrating and time consuming to find any of these mobs up. Examples, Lord Inquisitor Seru - Vulak'aerr, Kelorek'dar, Aten ha ra, Emperor Ssraeshza, Any an all old world raid dragons, Planes of Power bosses etc.. The list goes on. Even with the timer on the AOC instances would be welcomed at least you know when you enter the instance all the mobs will be up. Thanks
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

AoC's should be limited to Gold account only servers, to keep the f2p masses from stressing the instance servers.
    Raptorjesus5 and Duder like this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They could limit it to paid subscribers and put on all servers so that way more people have a chance at seeing older content without having to start new characters and there is another incentive for a paid membership.

Though in truth AoC's wouldn't likely add as many instances as you would expect due to the long account wide lockouts and the low need to repeat the content often.
    Beimeith, Skuz, Yinla and 3 others like this.
  4. Galliana Elder

Can someone explain what this Agent of Change is?
  5. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

It is primarily found in content from Classic to Planes of Power. There is an NPC for each raid zone that allows 6+ people to request an instanced version of the zone, with all of the raid mobs, with a 6 day lockout timer. So you can get an instance of Sol B to go kill Nagafen for fun or Akheva to kill Shei looking for +15% tailoring shears or all the PoP bosses to flag yourself for PoTime.

It's primary purpose was on fast paced progression servers to allow multiple guilds to progress without blocking each other on open world targets.
    MagicStick, Fireballs and Skuz like this.
  6. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

The dozen other threads requesting this aren't enough for you?

They could spend the time to write new code to make this happen. This code does not exist since there are no FTPs on the TLPs. I cannot speak for others, but I'm tired of developer time being spend on clean up and consolidation and other projects that do not bring us new content.

Xegony is one of the busier non-TLP Live servers. And yes, all the old world stuff is killed. If you are willing to put some effort (i.e. more than run a toon by a spawn point once a week), you can still get most anything you want (Vulak's probably the most pita one). But it takes a little work.
  7. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

quality of life issues are important, if not as important as new content. the code for 'unlocking' features based on gold status exists, but an even easier solution would be to implement them on live and then monetize access to the AOCs.

Require a purchased item be turned in to the AOC to request an instance. Add the item to the loyalty vendor and the store for a few hundred DBC. That way, those who want to farm it open world can have their cupcake and wait for their chance to find it up... and those that want to get their instance so they can farm that clicky or rare status item, can pay to do so. none of that content on live servers is game-changing or unbalancing, so that's not an issue either.

as much as you hate dev time being spent on not-new content, it's not unreasonable to want some quality of life improvements thrown in. personally, I'd rather see AOC's added to live than that silly overseer system that they're working on. at least AOCs require a player-time investment.
    Fireballs and Skuz like this.
  8. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Let's face it... the devs are not creating new content right now just a couple of months after an expansion release. They are fixing/consolidating/modifying crap that was broken. So, adding AOCs to live shouldn't be that big of a deal given the code already exists. This "limit it to gold accounts" thing is a lot of malarkey. That was suggested as a way to cajole the "omgdontgivelivewhatwehavetopayfor" people from TLPs. If modifying the existing code (which is on test, btw) is that big of a lift, forget the mod and push the code live and let anyone participate. There. Done.

You can't complain about how the Devs are giving away stuff to Live that the TLPs need to pay for, and then complain that dev time would be taken away from content to make those same changes.

The only solution, therefore, is just push it live and be done with it.
    Fireballs and Raccoo like this.
  9. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

2 solutions. keeping things as they are now, works just fine.
  10. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

That ship sailed when AOCs were added to TLPs to minimize guild drama fighting over spawns (which we all did when it was current content). Now that it's possible, why would you: 1) refuse to mitigate the issues caused by people perma-camping lower level content on live servers when you have a solution, and 2) not share code already bought/paid for with other customers?

I mean, the argument that accounts need to pay to use AOCs is bs because the AOCs are on test server, which gets gold accounts for free.
    Goburs, Raccoo and Fireballs like this.
  11. Sippycup The Holy Grail of Aradune

It does work fine for some, and others like me that want to find a Mob up for an epic piece or achievement credit ... not so much. It's a quality of life request. Just like all you people that solo'd EQ for years and didnt want to socialize they gave you Mercs. Well same principle I just don't want to deal with the players that abuse and camp spawns to outfit there little lvl 1 twinks
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  12. Cloud the Third Augur

Wait isn't the AoC already on most all servers? Maybe not for pure loot mobs but I am pretty sure on all servers it is there for PoP raids.
  13. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

AoC is NOT on live servers (any of them). They are on TBL servers and test server.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are just assuming that the code doesn't already support limiting it to gold members only or that it would take much work to add. They already have code that limits other features to gold members already so there is no reason to assume that it would be much work to add it to this.

Also it isn't exactly fair to assume everyone has time and is able to catch the old world spawns when they are up. With how easy they are to kill these days it isn't hard for anyone to walk in and kill the mobs at times when other players are not able to get on. With the lengthy respawn timers and the number of players who are still looking to kill the mobs, either to experience the fight or for a drop, it is not fair to the majority of the server to say that a few players can monopolize these mobs.
    Fireballs likes this.
  15. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

At one point I spent 3 months trying to just SEE Vulak... I'd check him multiple times per day. One time I actually caught the monk zone in, spawn Vulak, kill him, and gate out before I could even get my toon into the zone. I didn't actually finally catch the Vulak spawn for another TWO months. That's five months ... I got lucky and got what I needed after one kill, but WTF?!?

Put in AOCs, please.
    Funky, Raccoo and Fireballs like this.
  16. WEdontWANTgeorge New Member

This would be a great addition to the live servers imo ! I recently was involved in a dispute over a contested mob and what a bummer to have to dps race someone when you spend hours sitting at a spawn and some 115 lvl comes in and swipes it while im already engaged. It just sucks.
  17. Fohpo Augur

I think AoCs would be a really neat addition to live, makes it easier for those who wish to get into raiding to get some useful clickies at the very least.
  18. alicard Elder

I have been trying for months to complete PoP progression for the Artisan Prize and I have pretty much given up with all the permacamped gods. Please bring AOC to live.
  19. Cloud the Third Augur

I would be happy with an AoC on every server even if they took away his loot so it was only for flags they drop and achievement.
  20. Arkanny Augur

Me personally, i would put a damage cap on old world bosses, and give them a % based melee dmg ability. Raid bosses were never meant to be soloed, that's outright heresy in my eyes.