Anyone else having issues installing new patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bagaebro, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Bagaebro New Member

2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is a common error. Turn off computer, reset modem. Try again. Turn off firewalls and av programs to test. Last update in EQ was last week so if this started in the last day or two it is more likely a windows patch.

Some people think it is the DBG server but if the rest of us are not having a problem then its most likely a connection between your equipment and the server.

Also try bypassing the patcher
  3. Luinne B`Haen Lorekeeper

doesn't work. even tried completely uninstalling, deleting entire EQ directory, rebooting and reinstalling. still bombs. it's not player-side related. oh, and i was in-game for a moment. had to log out. when i returned, the game launcher now infinite-fails. that's why i tried the nonsense re-install idea.

have tried both Live server, and Test server. fails. fails. fails.
  4. Luinne B`Haen Lorekeeper

So you know, this same exact issue is happening to the EQ2 players as well. this is a DBG issue, not player.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

ah here it is

This time is eq error from ninete in the bug forums

This is being looked at; for now you can try to log in by bypassing the patcher:
    1. Open cmd (Start > Run > cmd)
    2. Navigate to your EQ directory (ex: cd "C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest" )
    3. eqgame.exe patchme
    Duder likes this.
  7. Bagaebro New Member

Tried this, but can't connect to server until i patch it says.
  8. Luinne B`Haen Lorekeeper

would be nice to try, but as stated earlier: uninstalled, and deleted everything to try to reinstall. Launcher is necessary to do so. it won't do so... As also noted, same exact thing happens with EQ2. EQ2 players are also having same exact issue. they're discussing it on the EQ2 forums.

this is not a player-side problem when you've many people discussing it across 2 separate platforms run by same company, using same technology.
  9. dreamweaver Community Manager

We are currently looking into the issue and will update once information is available.
  10. dreamweaver Community Manager

This issue should be resolved now.