Any way to keep EQ from starting in windowed mode?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sunwolf, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Sunwolf New Member

I have WindowedMode set to "False" in the eqclient.ini. Roughly 90% of the time I start the game it starts in windowed mode which screws up the initial UI placement. Switching back to full screen from windowed mode jacks up the UI as well. Any way to fix this?
  2. Malbrowncoat Elder

Alt Enter should switch between Full and Windowed mode. I would go to options / video mode and make sure the size you want for the windowed game is selected. Arrange your UI as you like it. Do a good logout so it saves (not sure when that info is saved) all the way out. restart the game
  3. Malbrowncoat Elder

EEP, mis read For full screen I would recheck the video mode still and then do the same stuff after its set to the size you want.
  4. Johnc New Member

the launcher is full of bugs and no one at eq has the expertise or the inclination to fix problems. Daybreak only collects sub money. Problems like this persist for years and nothing is done just like the black screen of death on log out i still experience on log out even though clowns at eq have it marked as resolved. Reminds me of Trump with the complete incompetence.
  5. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

If I try to force fullscreen, the game crashes. Every time.
  6. Sarkaukar Augur

1. Game resolution should match system resolution. Running different resolutions can and will cause issues.
    2. The Launchpad itself will always start in windowed mode.
    3. Make sure your eqclient.ini is NOT set to read only, check its properties.
    4. Make sure to properly log out of EQ once set. /camp desktop , /camp server etc but do not X out or some other means , settings may be be saved.
    5. If using default installation location, that could also be problematic for some players due to permissions.