Any GINA guides out there?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Muji, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Muji Augur

Looking for a guide on GINA that can explain how to make advanced triggers. Ones that use special stuff like {C} or {S1} etc. Want to learn how many there are and how to use them correctly..
  2. Febb Augur

Have you checked GINA's website and their forums?
  3. Nniki Augur

4. Muji Augur

Nniki likes this.
  5. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

6. Aldryn Another New Member

If you're not overly experienced with regular expressions, Gimagukk's post should answer all the questions you have and will most likely cover the overwhelming majority of different trigger scenarios you'd like to create.

As nerdy as this may sound, once you start dabbling in those kind of regular expression substitutions or even straight-up regular expressions (regex), it almost becomes like a game in and of itself to see what kind of neat and/or super fancy triggers you can make (at least it did for me, anyway)! The downside is that pending how fancy you try to get, there actually is a point where it all becomes counterproductive because it will just "bog" GINA down and make it lag behind by a significant amount.

It shouldn't happen too much if you're just looking to use simple stuff like {C} and {s}, but getting into bigger character sets, grouping and capturing, lookaheads, lookbehinds, and lookarounds, conditionals, etc., etc., etc., can be quite a bit for GINA to process, so my advice would be to try and think "small scale" and don't try to make the trigger do too much at once.

It looks and sounds like the post answered your questions, but if you need any further help with it, don't hesitate to hit up Xegony.Aldryn, I (oddly enough, for some reason...) like messing around with triggers like this and wouldn't mind adding some insight.

Best of luck!
    Nniki and Archery like this.
  7. Redemption Lorekeeper

i wonder if anyone has made a trigger catalog or repository. it would be cool to have a bunch of basic triggers for every class. simple stuff like buffs fading and some recast timers for discs ect.
    Tiggold likes this.
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

their used to be some very old threads
    http://www.shamanscrucible.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=15
    but your best best is to ask in you Class channels for them now adays.
  9. Tiggold Augur

I have but they do not include audio triggers just text. :(
  10. Nniki Augur

One of the features of GINA was a repository for triggers. Unfortunately, it never really caught on as far as I know. Gimagukk has a section on the GimaSoft forum for submissions, but I haven't seen anything recent added to the repository.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  11. svann Augur

Ive found that when someone shares class triggers its usually too much kitchen sink. Learn to make your own is better.
  12. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I never auto-merge triggers that others share with me. Instead, I created a new folder called "Imported", and I place any newly shared triggers into there. This helps to ensure that other people's triggers do not overwrite my own. When I find a trigger that is useful, I ensure that it is efficiently written or I correct it, and then I move it into my personal trigger folder and enable it.

Most triggers that I receive are inefficiently written and simply enabling more triggers than you need will ruin GINA performance (and induce lag). I suspect most people who don't bother to learn about GINA simply enable every trigger that anybody shares with them, and that explains why 1) they are overwhelmed with spammy, possibly conflicting triggers and 2) why their GINA lags so much.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  13. Reht The Dude abides...

No, unfortunately It didn't, but there was also no real push for it because there were some concerns early on about posting current trigger packages that could have an effect on expansion progression races.
    Nniki likes this.
  14. IblisTheMage Augur

Is there a way to make different voices for different triggers?
  15. svann Augur

Not easily. The voice is set on your character editor, so it uses the same voice for all triggers for that character.

If you want to go to some effort you can create your own sound files (outside of gina) and have gina use those. I used to do that before I had gina and played them in the in game audio triggers, but it should also work in gina. Sorry I dont have a link but you can probably find several text to audio file converters online.
  16. IblisTheMage Augur

Thanks. That is probably too much of an effort. I currently have /rs read out loud, I wanted this to be in a different voice. Also, I wanted to experiment with making a trigger to read out a single (or few) quests. I have played a little bit with it, and it does help with immersion slightly.
  17. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I know this is an old thread, but I recently put together a guide on the {C} token so just in case anyone finds this through from Google like I did tonight, here you go:

Sirene_Fippy likes this.