Alternate idea to FT TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nozraku, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Nozraku Lorekeeper

Few people go past POP on TLPs.

You know why? The absurd keying process, in large part, starting at Kunark for VP.

Fix the keying bottleneck and a huge part of the reason some of us want FT will go away.
  2. Bullsnooze Augur

On a successful TLP, that wouldn't be the case.

For example, it wasn't until Seeds when Phinny dropped below ~10 active raiding guilds capable of clearing the expansion and a few more not listed that were close. Moreover, the only reason why Phinny lost a few guilds was because of Agnarr (PoP-Locked) and then Coirnav. If those 2 servers didn't cut into Phinny's prime the list would be larger.

(Phinny after PoP)
    [IMG]
  3. Mrjon3s Augur

You are forgetting they changed the picks during Phinny. So most picks were able to be kept open with like 2 people in them. This happened right around PoP.
  4. Zansobar Augur

Also how many boxes are there in those guilds by that time?
  5. Bullsnooze Augur

I do remember that patch, but I didn't really notice a change in population (or anything) as a result. The picks that did stay open caused camps like C1 and Tables to become a bit busier. It wasn't too bad though.

I don't believe anyone has that number, but I'd be willing to guess on average 1 additional box per player. The folks boxing 6? We were definitely in the minority. And, after GoD, I wanted to (and did) significantly reduce the number in my train because I was gearing up to utilize mercenaries. I went from 6 to 3 by Seeds of Destruction and maintained 3 through the end of RoF where my play on Phinigel tapered off.
  6. Aegir Augur

Not many. Some of us on Phinny are rarely using boxes on raids even in The Darkened Sea expansion.

Think some of those guilds started using boxes around the latter part of the 70's era.
    Skuz and Bullsnooze like this.