Additions to Priest AA Unity

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Belkar_OotS, May 8, 2021.

1. Belkar_OotS Augur

The spells Attentive Spirit (shaman), Divine Consequence (cleric) and Natures Reaction (druid) are all self only buffs that have reasonable durations without counters. These would all make fantastic additions to the AA unities for these classes.

Please consider adding these lines to the unity buffs.
    Tropi, Bigstomp and Kelset like this.
  2. Szilent Augur

Cle version has counters :(
  3. Bigstomp Augur

I'd still like to get aura's put onto unity for clerics.
    Fenthen, Velisaris_MS and Szilent like this.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

Necro self unity AA has a buff with counters, and also mage, so a buff without counters isn't a rule for the AA. Maybe they just targeted 3 most used buffs for each class? Do any unity cast more than 3 buffs? They may not be able to attach more than 3 currently which is why some self buffs got left off. Or it comes down to they still want to maintain a little character self management.
  5. Szilent Augur

SK Unity is 7(?) buffs

Mag is 4

Many classes are just 1, including cleric & shm
    OlavSkullcrusher and Yinla like this.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Druid is 2

Correct, SK is 7 (both Unities, one spell is different between them, the other 6 are the same for both)
  7. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Druid should be 4 spells.

Mask of the Arbor Tender
    Icebriar Coat
    Preincarnation
    Nature's Reaction

Currently it is only the first two.
    OlavSkullcrusher likes this.
  8. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

It's pretty clear that the Unity AA lines were only meant for a few classes originally and later backfilled to include all classes (the shaman one is especially egregious ... one 48m combat initiate spell that you can mem and cast faster than the unity aa takes to cast).

I'd welcome a look at all the unity aa so that all classes get to maximize the aa. And all unity aas should see a reduction in cast time. But I'd rather not spend time on any if all are not going to be looked at.
    Jondalar, Yinla, Sokki and 1 other person like this.
  9. Hekaton Augur

This is a great idea especially with spell gems at a premium on raids.
  10. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I absolutely agree with this. As others have pointed out as well, there was virtually no thought put into balancing the usefulness of the unity AAs between classes. Any adjustments at all to any of these AA lines should be in the form of making some semblance of balance in them.
  11. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Also WTB a line of targeted Unity AAs for priests with a 90s reuse to match Divine/Growth's base recasts.

Cleric:
    Shining Aegis
    Sincere Coalition
    Divine Intermediation

Druid:
    Defense of the Reptile
    Arbor Tender's Coalition
    Frenzied Growth

Shaman:
    Ennui
    Ancient Coalition
    Frenzied Growth
    Fenthen and Tatanka like this.
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

Been asking for 7 years for group Shining or group DI.
    Or to make Shining last longer.
    Or to make auras last longer.
    Or... I dunno, 2h Bash?

Cleric is such an extremely boring, and tedious, class to play now. Please give us something. Back in the day I could top 20 DPS on one of the Neriak raids while top healing, and now at-best I get like low-40s on Zlandicar.
    [IMG]
  13. Darchon_Xegony Augur

My biggest issue with my druid is the number of short duration spells I am maintaining.

Proc Aura 6min - There is no reason this shouldn't be 30min or even multiple hours.
    Mana Bear 5min - This is really the dumbest mana recovery solution for the class, there is no reason this shouldn't be an AA.
    Reptile 10min - This already has 72 proc counter limit, I don't see the value in the short duration on it.
    Growth 8min - This I think is fairly balanced for the HP it provides and recast required.
    Alliance 4min** - This already has 120 proc counter limit but outside of raids you don't fulminate these, and on raids everyone uses shaman alliance due to increased range on their heal procs. I really don't know why these are such short duration though.
    Nature's Reaction 25~min - As mentioned above it should be a part of the unity AA line.

If they could just increase the proc auras for druid/enchanter to 30min or even an hour, and add the suggested 3-targeted 'tank' buffs to a unity AA with 90s reuse and add the self heal proc buffs to the long duration unity AA line that would save me about 6 different spell sets I have that are used to constantly juggle these spells between 2-3 spell slots.