AA consolidation

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lily, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Lily Augur

Can anyone confirm whether or not Silver accounts will lose AAs due to the consolidation?

I have a toon with max AAs, but the account is not currently All Access. I don't even want to take the chance to log in in case my AAs are capped by the silver status, even though they were earned while gold.
  2. Rhaage Augur

there is a risk that you will yes.

It depends on how many you get refunded, how many you have to buy back and how many you had before the account went silver.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You should be good, the patch notes said you can spend (even silver/ftp) down to 3xlevel in unspent AAs.

I have a mage on a silver account, currently not paid. Was ~14K AA before patch, patch refunded ~2500, and I was able to spend them down til I had less than 315 unspent (3xlevel).
  4. Lily Augur

That wasn't my experience. I have a FTP mage on an account I never activated. I logged her on and started spending the AAs. When I tried to put AAs into pet discipline, it didn't work. I tried a few other lines, but even though she still has 269 unspent AAs, I can't spend any of them. So I've got a mage without pet hold, without mod rods.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

what level is the mage? Level 90 or higher, and that sounds right.

There was another thread with somebody with a level 74 who was only allowed to spend down to 244, instead of the 222 which should have been allowed. They lost those 22 AAs. I recommended they /petition.
  6. Goodn Augur

From my personal experience and extrapolation, your 105 max aa toon will lack aas after logging in and spending.

Silver/FTP toons can only spend those new aa points down to the 3x level. Once you spend to below that level, you lose all ability to spend aas (since you are well over the total 1000 aa cap). Assuming that the refund should cover the buy back (or close to it), you would need to use most, if not all the aas, to get your changed aas back. But you cannot spend all of those aas since the system will stop allowing purchasing at the 3x level. If you were max banked aas at 210, then you will come very close. But if you had nothing banked, that's 300 aas worth of abilities that you cannot get back right now (at least the EoK aas are so damn expensive that it may only be a rank or two...).

The flip side of all this is that all access high level toons gain aas from this patch. Because you can spend those innate regeneration/burst of power or pet refund aas instead on other aas that you didn't have...and once you get under the 2x saved mark, you can log off and on again to get the autogrant stuff back. You might not have your full burst of power or pet aas, but you are close...and (in the case of my 105 mage alt) have 2500ish points in non-autogrant aas now.
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

This will depend on how many if any of the AAs in question you were autogranted. Because it seems like the current system had it set up such that the AAs are removed after you log in, and you do not get auto-granted versions of the old ranks, so say you had bought the first 20 ranks, then were gone for a few years and came back during the auto grant era and just as many AAs autogranted as you spent since you came back on that line, then you'll end up short, because the autogrant is not processed until you log out and back in again. Because giving people who are not max AAs a few hundred extra AA is just too OP.
  8. Nedrom Augur

What happens if I haven't logged in for a long time? Is there a timer or hard set time frame when I get back in to rebuy AA?
  9. kinadafz Augur

Here is another ouch. I have a heroic bard that I haven't 'logged in a while. Logged in yesterday to have to spend 300+ aa's, well guess what, he can't he's F2P. Guess those are gone.
  10. eqzekisdead Augur

I lost massive amounts of AA on all of my dlvled alts on zek.
  11. lolans Master

12. Goodn Augur

Without a dev answering, no one can give you a straight answer on this. I would expect that the added aa points would wait for you...unless they once again make a massive change to aas and that somehow overrides the first one. There have been smaller aa refunds in the past year so if you haven't logged in a toon in over a year, then it would be interesting to have you report what you see (especially in the yellow refunded text that would appear as you first log in).

I had a 85 bard on a FTP account that was heroic from the original free heroic giveaway. Nothing else has been done to the toon. He had around 350 aas available when logged in. I was able to buy 24 ranks of Burst of Power (which is what a 85 toon should have) and 1 rank of Mental Clarity (which is far lower than a 85 toon should have) before being locked out of aa purchasing. This knocked him down to 250 aas in the bank, which he still has after logged out and in multiple times. I also had no problem spend aas on a FTP heroic mage (except of course not being able to spend the last 250 which means the character is not as powerful as before).

If you were not able to purchase anything after logging in, then you should /petition and /bug report it.
  13. lolans Master

Sorry about Quote Kindafz, I wanted to say I agree with you, and HC should be looked into if they are not able to receive back the AA that were granted as part of the purchase agreement.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Are they gone, or are they still in the unspent AA bank?

My two 105 chars on F2P accounts were able to spend down til they got below the 3xlevel limit in the unspent bank. And then they couldn't spend any more, but they were still in the bank.
  15. Catty Lorekeeper

I have silver account - level 105 - with 250 AA that can't be spent. Those are lost.

And like Kindafz, I also have a new heroic mage with 252 lost. Basic stuff. Those are lost.
  16. kinadafz Augur

I can't buy any AA's and have (had) 300 sitting there. This could be because it was a regular account that I leveled up to 70 or so and got around 200 AA's on grinding / learning the class, then I went heroic. I don't know if that matters at all or not.

But, I couldn't buy anything.
  17. Scorrpio Augur

Again, insanely bad move on part of DBG there. Refunded AA should have gone into separate refunded category, and allowed to be reassigned regardless of account status.

On the flip side, my lvl 95 mage got 1000+ AA refunded, mostly from Companion Fury. I bought that line back up to roughly lvl 87, and spent a bunch in various latter expansion AA (which normally don't autogrant). When she hit 96, she got full backfill to that level. I estimate she got about 130 extra AA from that.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I don't think account status has anything to do with it. I and several others with F2P chars were able to spend down to the 3xlevel banked cap. Per Kina's comment, I think the problem is that they keep track of earned vs. auto granted AA points, and it won't let you spend points (as F2P) which were obtained by auto-grant when the account was all-access. In my case, I had over 5K earned AAs on the 2 F2P chars, so spending 2500 and 800 (minus the 315 reserved) was no problem.

If this is the case, then the AAs will no longer be lost the next time you go all-access, because they will once again be auto-granted at that time.

So, if this is the explanation, then the question is, did they know this, and kept it that way to "encourage" people to sub, or was it just an oversight/bad testing, etc?
  19. Lily Augur

It could go the other way on them. People with toons who can't spend the AAs won't want to sub them. In that case, some might even decide if they can't use their FTP toons, maybe they won't bother playing their main account, and cancel all subs.
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Agreed. Personally, my guess is, it was overlooked. And they may not even know about it now, it took us (well, me, at least ;) several days to figure it out, and I doubt they're monitoring the thread.

Best approach would be to have those it affected to enter a support ticket. The patch notes never said anything about this situation, so the proper response would be to let people have the AAs back and spend them. But I wouldn't hold my breath.