A modest request: reduce traveler spam

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Traxen, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Traxen Lorekeeper

With the TBL chase loot a lot of people are running all over every zone in the game, which has led to an irritating amount of screen-filling Traveler spam. I don't mind the continent/expansion traveler, like Antonica or Velious, etc., but any chance we can cut down on seeing every guildie zone into every individual zones?

Not a biggie, not a hill I'd die on, just a little annoyance.
  2. Nniki Augur

Not specific to traveler achievements, but you can always hide other achievement messages...

[IMG]
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Brohg Augur

On the flip side, a couple achievements I WOULD like to see:
    Jann Traveler : meta achieve checklisting required expansion travelers for Torn Efreeti Boots
    Jann Collector : meta achieve checklisting required expansion collectors for Threadbare Weighted Tabard
    Jann Conqueror, etc
    Jann Hunter, etc

and Lebounde's Mastery : Artisan's Prize evolved to full

whole separate deal, it'd sure be nice if RoS's progression achievements correctly included Fragment of Seal of Charasis x/18 in Sathir's Seal achievement, since they're both required to flag for participation in Sathir's Tomb raids, and if Seal of Scale achievement included a check box for that Sathir's Seal achievement, since participation in Veeshan's Peak raids is contingent on them both plus the Seal of Charasis

Oh, and achievements should report to the fellowship, and the group, but shouldn't be doubled/tripled/etc up when someone's in multiple categories.
    Yinla, Duder and Nniki like this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Being in a big guild I'd love a pass that consolidated a ton of achievements in general. Or just made it so that only certain achievements would spam guild chat.

I want to hear when someone completes their epic, hits 110, finishes the progression / missions / challenger achievements, because I want to hear how they're doing and give them a well earned congratulations. But I don't want to hear about every trivial step they're making in their progress.

I also feel guilty spamming guilt chat everytime I take a step.
  5. Traxen Lorekeeper

The thing is that's an all or nothing filter. I would like to see big achievments, just not the little ones.
  6. Brohg Augur

mmm, ranked achievements /nods. less than 10 points for explorers, so that under-10s can be filtered, & under-20s, etc.

I envision a lot of repetitive & dumb /gu conversations, though, with folks asking what the "grats" are for, making even more spam than the little cheevos did.
  7. Lianeb Augur

I know filters are limited but these are on Guild Chat (I think) even for your own and others around you not in guild.

Just move it off that filter so I can select the window of spam I can put it into.
  8. Syylke_EMarr Augur

While I would prefer better filtering overall for achievements, moving the Guild Achievement messages to the Other filter (or whichever one non-guild achievements are in) would be good too.

These aren't "guild chat" they're spam. Get them out of the "Guild Chat" filter.
    Allayna likes this.