4th box worth it?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mulleteer, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Mulleteer Elder

I currently 3 box on one pc no additional software but have 3 monitors.

Account 1 sk (my main) full eok raid with a couple ros raid.

Account 2. 109 wizard. 109 shaman. 107 cleric.

Account 3. 110 bard. 106 zerker

All boes are in a mix of tbm raid and eok group. The zerker has a ros raid 2 hander.

I tend to play either. Sk/bard/wiz. When i am being lazy. And sk/shm/zerker when i want to be more active.

I use sk and cleric when i am fooling around with older raids.

I go 2 wizards and cleric merc with g1
    I go 2 melee and cleric wiith shaman.

Lately i have been debating using my laptop for a 4th box.
    I was thinking a mage for coth and dps. The other idea moving one of my toons via transfer to a new account

What do you think would be the best way to go or should i stick to 3boxing.
  2. Pistols4Pandas Elder

If you enjoy boxing by yourself, adding another won't hurt.

Personally I stick to 3 boxing because I'm a social player, and I like having 2 spots open for others and at least 1 healer merc.

If I added another I think Itd be adverse to grouping much. It would certainly improve my dps/ power but neither are currently lacking.
    Kill-speed is not my problem, pulling mobs at a good pace is the biggest bottleneck for boxing.

With a mage your pet can tank while you chain pull so that's certainly a good choice for a 4th.
  3. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Unless you are very good at boxing 4+ characters, you will mostly just burdon yourself or make it unnecessarily hard for yourself. If you are very good at it, you might as well make it 6.

I'm very good at it, but prefer to group up with others where able. The 6 boxing just enables me (if pressed for time) to do whatever I like and have some fun with different types of classes.

Depending on what you want to accomplish with your team will sway your class choices heavily. Mages are always nice for coth and dps for sure.
    Quatr likes this.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

I 5 box and will say it has its advantages and disadvantages.

Advances being more options outside of the 4 merc classes and the abilities that come with what ever class you pick. More control over your team as mercs sometimes do or don't do what any reasonable player would do. Another trader/barter if you have goods to buy and sell.

Disadvantages being more work during combat. More time spent on gear and progression if the 4th toon isn't caught up with your other toons. More money spent playing. Possibly becoming less efficient playing your other toons or neglecting upgrades on them as you focus on your new toon.

Overall I would say if it's something that interests you give it a try. Maybe make 4 new toons one on each account and try 4 boxing to see if you enjoy the added haste of a 4th toon. If the flow works and you don't mind the added cost go for it.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

I would suggest that it is dificult, almost impossible, to be fully effective with that many toons without IS Boxer. I box 4 (sometimes I burrow a 5th from a buddy), and I have a blast. Would not do it without group coth though.
  6. fortuneteller Augur

I guess the program Is Boxer is highly illigal.
  7. Mulleteer Elder

I like the idea about trying the idea out with some new toons.

thank you everyone for all your replies.
  8. Wizlard Augur

[IMG]
  9. Remnant New Member

[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is not illegal and either is emquedos. I have used the program for years botting (I play my main char and 5 are run with macros and pretty much run themselves) and have never had any issues besides with other players. As long as you don't afk you're just fine.
  10. IblisTheMage Augur

No. I S Boxer is not for “botting”, the toons does nothing by themselves, every action is performed real time by the player. It helps distributing those real time actions to multiple accounts. It drives quite some business for DB, and while not singled out by name, DB has discussed which qualities they are ok with, and which qualities they see as destructive.

The tool M Q Twoo is a botting playform, that enables setup of unattended play, “botting”. This is an example of what DB does NOT want. My perception of this is because it damages perception of the game, because it generates influx of ingame ressources (plat, chase loot, etc), ultimately devaluing player efforts, and therefore damaging the perception of the game and the brand.

Some players have tried arguing for using M Q Twoo while having attended gameplay, to keep bufs running and stuff like that, automating attended gameplay. While the rule is attended vs unattended gameplay (which is a smart general rule, avoiding talking about tools and technology), it is my impression that the community is highly scheptical towards this ussage. The narrative implies that the tool is for automation, and therefore a) it trivializes game content, and b) the barrier to initiate unattended gameplays is pressumed to be very low, and c) the benefit of having rebuffing automated is an unlikely driver for a person to set up an automation platform.

So, I S Boxer is openly accepted, M Q Twoo will risk getting your accounts banned, at least as a rule of thumb.