3rd Person Camera Z-Axis Adjustment

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nezbus, May 21, 2019.

1. Nezbus New Member

There used to be way to adjust the 3rd person camera's focus from the top of chars head down to their feet. I happened across it by accident some time in the 2000s and I can't remember what keys and such were involved. I asked Daybreak support and they had no answer.

I know for a fact this was possible and wasn't documented anywhere that I've ever seen. It wasn't any of the controls listed in settings. Someone on reddit said they happened on to it also but couldn't remember how to do it either. I've googled and can't find anything anywhere.

Anyone else remember this?
  2. Drayman Elder

F11 or F12 by default I think?

If you check you keybinds in options you should be able to find "toggle camera view" or something similar.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

I don't know how .. But at least 5x in the last year I accidentally opened a "mini" video window up while in game.

Small window of my character in the lower right hand corner of the in game screen popped up. I've no idea how that happened, I've no idea how to replicate that ..

Anyone know how to bring up that mini window ?
  4. Duder Augur

F9 is the default toggle
    Modef likes this.
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm still hoping that someday, an option to remove 3rd person angles will be added. No one wants the over head view, for example. We (well, at least I do) want the further out view and first person view, only. I am terrible at gauging how far I am from the archery sweet spot in 3rd person. I need to go back and forth, constantly and it's hell clunky to have to hit f9 4 times. 2 times is much more manageable. This would be one of the most heralded changes to gameplay, ever for a lot of people if this was made possible. Let me chose the angles!!
  6. Duder Augur

You can pitch the above head angle so its above you and looking infront, like if you were in a gigantor illusion, it can be very useful.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Yup! That's why I don't want to see any eliminated. People have their preferences. Just add check boxes to let people chose said preferences.