105 - what now?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Adeus, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Adeus Journeyman

Hi,

I've reached 105 recently and have TBM, so purchased the gear and augments, I've joined a guild and will do raids as and when they do them - but in terms of my own day to day play, I'm now wondering what I should do - is there a particular quest or progression that anyone can advise I should be doing?

Thank you.
  2. Brohg Augur

filling a set of the best augs

getting 30/10/30 on Hero's Fortitude/Resolution/Vitality
  3. Sarcogian Augur

30/15/30

Artisan prize, maximizing your DPS, maxing aa's, shawl Aug, don progression, mpg trial, stone tear from voa, I think there's some more, but that'll do for now.
  4. Kunon Augur

What you should be doing is spending time researching, learning, practicing, testing, (use a parser) etc. the different abilities and functions of your class. Learn how ability/buff stacking works (SPAs and such) and then you can figure out how best to mix and match your own abilities with those of the classes around you on raids to maximize your performance. This applies to tanks, healers, dpsers, etc etc. This is and has always been the most important thing you can do, but (I'm going to be nice here) has been overlooked by the vast majority of the "raider" population today.

It is frustrating to see so many people that are willing to invest (or tell others to spend) massive amounts of hours researching the steps and farming the requirements for an aug that will have virtually no effect on the actual ability/performance of their toons. However, these same people will not even spend a couple hours researching, testing, and setting up how to actually play their toons. Things that would drastically and directly improve the performance (in some cases double, triple, or more) of their toons whether it be tanking, healing, dpsing, etc. The only thing that sets people apart in EQ is their knowledge of the game and quite frankly the majority of the population is pretty clueless.

Just about any guild can fix gear (most goes to alts these days), you can try to fix ignorance (provide information and sources), but you just cant fix stupid. Don't be stupid, spend the time to know and keep up with changes to your class, other classes that effect yours and the game and you will quickly become an asset to your guild and desired by guilds at the very top.
    Sancus and Spellfire like this.
  5. Brohg Augur

complexication, Sancus and Kunon like this.
  6. Verily Tjark Augur

Do you hate yourself? If so, you could do the shawl quest.
    Dre., Gundolin, Sancus and 1 other person like this.
  7. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I know what you mean but it doesn't have to be this way. It's all in the delivery.

1. Set a good example (play well).
    2. Don't tell other people how to play (they hate that) unless they ask you directly.
    3. Provide information without being condescending. Frame it as an invitation for discussion instead of "this is how to play."
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

1. Type /ach
    2. Pick something that doesn't have a checkmark beside it
    3. Do what you have to in order to put a checkmark beside it
    4. Repeat
    Yinla and Brohg like this.
  9. Brohg Augur

Incorporating your suggestions with Kunon's:

1. Gain knowledge
    2. Sit around LITERALLY FOREVER stewing, knowing that you cannot achieve what you're capable of without the support of others, waiting on them to ever even acknowledge that unrealized potential exists
    4. Profit?
  10. Blurred_Memories Augur

Artisan's Prize
  11. Aurastrider Augur

What Kunon said above. Learn your toon above everything else. Read every AA ability you have, discs and spell. Figure out what stacks and what doesn't stack. Make AA macros for burns, mini burns, healing, tanking etc depending on your class. Spend countless hours in your guild hall "fighting" the combat dummy to test these skills and abilities until you think you have them fine tuned and then take them live and practice on actual mobs to ensure they work in battle. Only then should you concern yourself with quests and the above mentioned. Its amazing how much you can get out of your toon with a day or two of fine tuning and research vs roaming around clueless hitting autoattack and clicking a few spells.
  12. Tucoh Augur

Is there a current game benefit to thr DoN progression? Ex: the 50 to all resist from this MPG

Edit, nm, rewards detailed here:
    http://forums.eqfreelance.net/index.php?topic=459.0

TIERS (Good / Evil) REWARDS
    Tier 1: Gift of the Keepers / Gift of the Dark Reign +10 to all stats & stat caps
    Tier 2: Valor of the Keepers / Tenaicty of the Dark Reign 3% to base HP/Mana/Endurance + class Spell/Tome
    Tier 3: Embrace of the Keepers / Embrace of the Dark Reign +1 Buff slot increase
    Tier 4: Power of the Keepers / Power of the Dark Reign Increase chance to Critical Heal, Hit, DD, DoT by 1%
    Tier 5: Sanctity of the Keepers / Fever of the Dark Reign Increase chance to RESIST a detrimental spell!
    moogs likes this.
  13. moogs Augur

And those are all amazing permanent bonuses that you can't get if you don't do the quest line.
    Tucoh likes this.
  14. Narogg Augur

15. Dibab Augur

wait for kunark 2.0 to come out and get ruined
  16. Gundolin Augur

If you are not big into raiding how are you doing on your expansion quests? Personally I liked going through all of the Partisan and Mercenary quests from various past expansions. (For some reason I didn't like the VoA ones but HoT, PoF, CoTF, and TDS were all good so far) Tons of quests that are fun to work through. Obviously not a lot of great loot from doing old expansion quests but its nice to get the flags and something to work on besides trade skills.

Just a different idea.
  17. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Log and delete.
  18. Thraine Augur

i so want this to be the redeeming expansion we've all been hoping for, for years now .. hey it could happen .. and monkeys might fly outta my butt :)
  19. Hiladdar Augur

Make lots of AA while doing other stuff.
  20. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Get your 2.0. Get clickies your class needs (for bards, we go back and get the Symphonic Saber from GoD). Get your BPs (usually there are 2 or 3 with timers that don't cancel each other and remain useful).