Class Balancing - When is it happening?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by I_Love_My_Bandwidth, May 5, 2024.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

On the Beta forums there was a post referencing a Q1/Q2 class balancing effort.

Can we get a status update on this effort?
    GameKiller and Metanis like this.
  2. Metanis Bad Company

I suspect (strongly), that the window for this effort has already closed for this year. At this point I'd be happy if they make some DX11 performance improvements.
    Eaedyilye likes this.
  3. The real Sandaormo Augur

Didn't they just upgrade some Melee weapons, seemed like Caster dps was out in front for a long time.
    This expansion and recent changes have balanced things some.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  4. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

Classes are better balanced at the moment than they have been in years. It feels like everyone has a job and no one's left out.
    kizant and minimind like this.
  5. Brickhaus Augur

Classes are not balanced right now.

DPS class parses in raid are as evenly matched with adps as they have ever been. Which is a good thing.

But this is not class balancing IMO. In the non-raid game, there are still great imbalances between the classes and what they are able to accomplish, especially in the solo/molo/duo area. I don't hold out much hope for better balancing in the non-raid game though.

But generally people misspeak when they talk about class balancing. They really mean raid dps parse balancing.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

Class balance is the same as it has been forever.
    Pay attention, do your job, and you'll be fine.
  7. Pintoy 3 Journeyman

Class balancing has been attempted every couple years with the patches. The real question should be when will it be done properly.
  8. Captain Video Augur

All classes are perfectly balanced for the modern game. It costs the same amount of Krono for each class to purchase BiS gear, spells where applicable, and to PL to 115.
    MmmmBop and Metanis like this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They said that the beta before also, I expect the result to be the same......nothing changes.
  10. The real Sandaormo Augur

When they talked about class balancing I don't think anyone meant Solo'ing or Molo'ing.
    The balance I thought was for raids and groups, bringing caster and melee dps a little closer together.
    I don't think anyone wants a WoW type game where any class can do everything and solo to the end.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  11. Tuco Augur

Would be interesting to see some raid parses from high-tier and mid-tier guilds to see where the class distributions in the top 5, 10, 20, etc DPS lie in them. Raid DPS in parses isn't everything of course, but it is a big component and I imagine different raid forces, even ones in similar tiers, have different distributions.
  12. Iven the Lunatic

The only way to balance that would be different powerfull mercs for each class. And a new merc class, that can agressively tank and heal, like a paladin. Currently the players have to solve that issue by boxing.

Tank classes do benefit the most from mercs, by using the healer merc, so the healer merc should be nerfed when being used by a tank class.

DPS classes cannot benefit much from mercs when soloing, and the wizard has the most problems as it is the worst DPS class tank. DPS classes also have to go with the healer merc, but do tank much worse than player tanks, so they would either need a stronger healer merc, or a paladin merc that can tank and heal at once.

Healer classes have to go with the tank merc, but those are much weaker than player tanks, so they could be buffed when getting used by a healer class.
    Metanis likes this.
  13. kizant Augur

Clerics still need some DPS but things are definitely better.
    GameKiller, Rexa, Metanis and 4 others like this.
  14. fransisco Augur

Only if you play the good ones. If your an SK, Bard, Shaman, Mage, Monk, Ber, Rogue, maybe ranger, your doing just fine. The melee weapon changes have shaken things up, but the biggest winners (SK) are winning even more.
    Try asking paladins if they think they are remotely balanced compared to SK (not even SKs pretend its fair anymore).
    Or why one shaman is better than 3 clerics. Its strictly bad to ever bring a cleric to group play compared to a shaman. Or why druids even exist.
    Metanis and Fenthen like this.
  15. Petalonyx Augur

Clerics stand out as a priority here over all else. Tons of feedback on the cleric issues in other long threads, I think including one where feedback was solicited directly from players. I hope class balance is not done for the year.
  16. error Augur

I really doubt that solo performance is even a consideration. It's a given when talking about balance in an MMORPG that you're referring to parity within your class role and not parity across all classes across all use cases. Not even a game like WoW, where all classes and specs are far more self reliant and a large portion of the game revolves around solo play, tries to make all specs solo viable - they just bypass the issue by letting by letting you swap specs.
  17. fransisco Augur

solo performance is HEAVILY considered, just not in the ways you imagine. The game is FULL of caster nerfs (especially chanter) because they could have a full group that didn't require a tank. You had a long run of expacs where 50% of the mobs were randomly immune to all CC because chanters make the ability to tank multiples not important.
    They care alot about group balance - specifically if you can do anything worthwhile without a plate class.
  18. Iven the Lunatic

Darkpaw's solution for that so far are personas, which are not much better than alts. They can give the players more flexibility and power at the cost of overloaded backpacks and having to pay for it.
  19. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

They’re still working on it. They’ll be adding new AA ranks later in the year, around mid-December.
    Iven and Metanis like this.
  20. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

You mean next expansion?
    GameKiller and Metanis like this.